Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-05-2012, 09:24 AM   #1
QofResh
Enthusiast
QofResh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QofResh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QofResh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QofResh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QofResh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QofResh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QofResh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QofResh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QofResh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QofResh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QofResh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Touch; Android Tablet (Asus TF300); PC App
Newbs Like Me

So I started using Calibre a long time ago when I really did not understand the program very much at all. I stopped using it in frustration and now want to finally try and master the learning curve so as to glean the benefits of this wonderful program.

Question # 1:
After downloading and installing the program again, I found that it still had the settings I used before, i.e. my attempt at downloading my Kindle Library, and also I believe the feeds and such I set up to be sent to my device. At this point I want to clear all that information and start over. Can someone please patiently explain to me how to do that?

Question # 2:
Is there a good, step by step beginner's tutorial to help me on the process? I speak of something more than whatever help guide Calibre offers on-board...

Thank you in advance for all your kind responses!
QofResh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:12 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by QofResh View Post
So I started using Calibre a long time ago when I really did not understand the program very much at all. I stopped using it in frustration and now want to finally try and master the learning curve so as to glean the benefits of this wonderful program.

Question # 1:
After downloading and installing the program again, I found that it still had the settings I used before, i.e. my attempt at downloading my Kindle Library, and also I believe the feeds and such I set up to be sent to my device. At this point I want to clear all that information and start over. Can someone please patiently explain to me how to do that?

Question # 2:
Is there a good, step by step beginner's tutorial to help me on the process? I speak of something more than whatever help guide Calibre offers on-board...

to #1:
Preferences: Miscellaneous: Open the Calibre Configuration Directory (button)

Leave the folder OPEN, Quit Calibre
Delete the folder contents (delete the parent folder: 'calibre' if you can navigate using the UP icon)
Restart calibre: it will ask where the Library should be placed, point to the existing one (yes, it will still be there, you just deleted all settings n' schedules)
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:26 PM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by QofResh View Post
Question # 2:

Have a look at these stickies - the videos are particularly good, They are quite long - so after watching once, I restarted so I could pause the video, flip into calibre to try things, then watch a bit more video, flip into calibre...

Video Tutorials

Several useful links in this one

New to calibre? Start Here
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote