Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 06-03-2010, 11:47 PM   #1
nashira
Addict
nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Talking G'day :D

Alright, I've been a member on here a.. fair while now. So I though I should probably de-lurk

I'm from Australia, NSW to be more specific, in the Central West Slopes and Plains. I.. have many cats. Enough books to hold up the roof. Hmm... I'm 19, female and really bad at these silly things?

But hello!
nashira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 11:54 PM   #2
Poppa1956
Evangelist
Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Verizon Ellipsis Tablit w/Kindle and Nook apps.
Halloo for, erm, up over! Jump right in, no need to be shy.
Poppa1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-03-2010, 11:58 PM   #3
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
G'day Mate! Ayah Garn? Ooh maybe you are too young to speak Strine!
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 12:03 AM   #4
nashira
Addict
nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40

I have a vague impression that that may well mean "how're going" but I honestly have no idea. Just guessing. XD

And the city folks always think I'm going to speak something like that, though.
Old 06-04-2010, 12:05 AM   #5
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

One must always be careful *carefully holds plum in mouth* to speak correctly, particularly when one is from the country!
Advert
Old 06-04-2010, 12:07 AM   #6
Poppa1956
Evangelist
Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakySnake View Post
One must always be careful *carefully holds plum in mouth* to speak correctly, particularly when one is from the country!
Do you speak of country matters?
Old 06-04-2010, 12:10 AM   #7
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppa1956 View Post
Do you speak of country matters?
Nah mate! its just that sheila's from the bush ya know!
Old 06-04-2010, 12:15 AM   #8
Poppa1956
Evangelist

Quote:
Nah mate! its just that sheila's from the bush ya know!
Shute! Ah only speak 'murriccun, but 'at 'ere reads prutty plain t'me.

Last edited by Poppa1956; 06-04-2010 at 12:17 AM. Reason: stream of unconscientiousness
Old 06-04-2010, 12:16 AM   #9
nashira
Addict

Ha. Yes and we have pet kangaroos to chew the lawn, saves on the mowing, y'know. Then they come invite us to tea over by the billabong and then we go Waltzing Matilda (and not the song!)
Old 06-04-2010, 12:19 AM   #10
Poppa1956
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashira View Post
Ha. Yes and we have pet kangaroos to chew the lawn, saves on the mowing, y'know. Then they come invite us to tea over by the billabong and then we go Waltzing Matilda (and not the song!)
WHAT! No koalas? I couldn't live like that. No, wait. I do live like that. Never mind.
Old 06-04-2010, 12:22 AM   #11
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashira View Post
yes I thought so, you are overlooking the Dubbo Zoo aren't you? The only creatures we had in abundance when I lived in the Riverina were locusts. I remember some of the kids I was a school with being paid to chase them off the bowling green.

We do however, have kangaroos living in our local university grounds. Although I think they have been put there for the Japanese students.
Old 06-04-2010, 12:22 AM   #12
nashira
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppa1956 View Post
WHAT! No koalas? I couldn't live like that. No, wait. I do live like that. Never mind.
Only carnivorous ones to eat the tourists, of course.
Old 06-04-2010, 12:24 AM   #13
nashira
Addict

Quote:
yes I thought so, you are overlooking the Dubbo Zoo aren't you? The only creatures we had in abundance when I lived in the Riverina were locusts. I remember some of the kids I was a school with being paid to chase them off the bowling green.

We do however, have kangaroos living in our local university grounds. Although I think they have been put there for the Japanese students.
Actually, I'm in Forbes. Two hours or so from Dubbo. Little town. Pretty. Boring. Tiny Library. No proper bookstore. xD

The roos generally stick to the outer edge of town, though one tried to go to church once.
Old 06-04-2010, 12:34 AM   #14
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
Hello and welcome to MR!!!

happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 12:36 AM   #15
nashira
Addict

Thank you