Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 05-19-2008, 08:33 AM   #1
Joe Swope
book title:Need For Magic
Joe Swope began at the beginning.

Device: palm 650
I'll trade ya: free book for a written review

Hi, I'm new to mobile read despite being a confirmed geek who never takes his eyes off his palm 650. Over the years, I've read a ton of ebooks while I should be paying attention at various meetings. I've read enough of other people work, I figured I better contribute to the pot. That brings me to the real, self-serving reason I'm posting this.

I just signed with a small publisher to put out my new fantasy novel. Because the publisher is so small, I need to help with the marketing of it. I think I need some reviews that are not written by my family. So... would you like to read a pretty good fantasy novel and write a review of it. I'll post the review and even a link back to your site from my snazzy new site. Check out the novel and my other works at www.knowyourneed.com. There is a link to my email address on the site.

Thanks,
Joe
Joe Swope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 11:00 AM   #2
simond
Fanatic
simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPad, iPhone
I can't write reviews, so afraid I can't help, good luck though
simond is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-19-2008, 12:08 PM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Aren't you rather assuming the review would be favourable? Would you post it on your web site even if it said "this book is dreadful - avoid like the plague!"? I'm not suggesting that your book is bad, of course, but to promise to post any review in advance is perhaps a little rash?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 12:44 PM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Joe and welcome to the Forum. I'll check out your book if I get a chance.

Good luck
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 04:51 PM   #5
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Hi and welcome to the forum here!

I see that your book is for sale, for us to review. I did take a look at the samples you provide, but as they are not my style, I'll not comment further. Best of luck, though!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-20-2008, 07:13 AM   #6
wayrad
Fanatic
wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HTC One M8
I did look at the teaser on the page you linked to. One quick suggestion - most people buy a work of fiction because it's an interesting story, not because of what the author says he wants to accomplish thematically. Since this blurb is your main opportunity to convince prospective readers that they want to read your book, more of the former and less of the latter may be helpful. Good luck with your efforts!
wayrad is offline   Reply With Quote