Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 10-31-2011, 07:37 AM   #31
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
@Nate,

Thank you for responding. I now need to work on psyching myself up to try the hack.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 10:30 AM   #32
JR-Fire
JR-Fire began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-900, PRS-T1 (mb failure), PRS-T2
Can you undo the hack?

Hi,
I was wondering, is there a way of undoing the hack? Or perhaps archiving the original firmware and restoring it?
JR-Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 11:39 AM   #33
ring0_event
Zealot
ring0_event can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ring0_event can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ring0_event can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ring0_event can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ring0_event can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ring0_event can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ring0_event can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ring0_event can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ring0_event can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ring0_event can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ring0_event can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: Kindle3 (3G), PRS-950 (x2), PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR-Fire View Post
Hi,
I was wondering, is there a way of undoing the hack? Or perhaps archiving the original firmware and restoring it?
Here:
http://blog.the-ebook-reader.com/201...back-to-stock/
ring0_event is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 06:18 PM   #34
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phogg View Post
Without looking up URLs, I would like to see:
  1. Units2Convert - Measurment conversions
  2. RealCalc - Scientific calculator
  3. YouVersion - Bible software
  4. Villains - Uken text game
  5. Moon+ - reader software
  6. Pirates & Traders - game by MicaByte
  7. Yahoo Mail - the email I have used for the last 13 years
  1. Can't find it at Freeware lovers.
  2. Didn't install.
  3. Installed just fine.
  4. Can't find it at Freeware lovers.
  5. Can't find it at Freeware lovers.
  6. Can't find it at Freeware lovers.
  7. Installed just fine.

I'm pretty sure I already posted this a couple weeks back but I don't see my comment in this thread. So here it is again.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 07:22 PM   #35
lost101
Enthusiast
lost101 is a glorious beacon of lightlost101 is a glorious beacon of lightlost101 is a glorious beacon of lightlost101 is a glorious beacon of lightlost101 is a glorious beacon of lightlost101 is a glorious beacon of lightlost101 is a glorious beacon of lightlost101 is a glorious beacon of lightlost101 is a glorious beacon of lightlost101 is a glorious beacon of lightlost101 is a glorious beacon of light

Device: HTC Hero
Moon+ can be found here - http://www.moondownload.com/software

Nate, is Text-to-speech functional? I realise things are still developing, but it would be great if it was and additional voices could be installed.
lost101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 08:38 AM   #36
thijsvk
thijsvk began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-T1
Nate,

could you see if Dropbox will install?
I quite like using cloudservices on the T1, with dropbox on the T1, it would just sync, rather than having to log in to the site
thijsvk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 10:04 AM   #37
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It did not install.
Old 11-20-2011, 10:11 AM   #38
porkupan
Fanatic
porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by thijsvk View Post
could you see if Dropbox will install?
Dropbox is part of the minimal root package.
porkupan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 01:11 PM   #39
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by porkupan View Post
Dropbox is part of the minimal root package.
Whoops. That's probably why I couldn't get it to install.

I don't have it anymore; I needed the space for other apps.
Old 11-20-2011, 03:21 PM   #40
Phogg
PHD in Horribleness
Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just a whole bunch. I guess I am a collector now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
  1. Can't find it at Freeware lovers.
  2. Didn't install.
  3. Installed just fine.
  4. Can't find it at Freeware lovers.
  5. Can't find it at Freeware lovers.
  6. Can't find it at Freeware lovers.
  7. Installed just fine.

I'm pretty sure I already posted this a couple weeks back but I don't see my comment in this thread. So here it is again.
Thank you very much.
Phogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 07:31 AM   #41
uboot
Evangelist
uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.

Device: Kobo Mini, Tolino Epos 2
So far, I only have the following app market working: http://www.androidpit.com/

...works great so far, but misses some apps that are only available in google market. I updated barshortcuts and ADW Launcher EX with it.

Apps that I recommend:

ChordPad - chord lead sheet viewer and editor with setlist feature

Android-System-Info

Advanced-Task-Manager - Auto-kill unwanted apps after reboot and when switching to standby

AppMonster - backup different versions of an app

AndExplorer - non-root file access for quick navigating to pdf files, etc.

Olivetree Biblereader

Apps that do not work:

Quickoffice
Android Market
MetaMorph
uboot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 08:07 AM   #42
henson0115
Enthusiast
henson0115 began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-t1
Quote:
Originally Posted by uboot View Post
So far, I only have the following app market working: http://www.androidpit.com/

...works great so far, but misses some apps that are only available in google market. I updated barshortcuts and ADW Launcher EX with it.

Apps that I recommend:

ChordPad - chord lead sheet viewer and editor with setlist feature

Android-System-Info

Advanced-Task-Manager - Auto-kill unwanted apps after reboot and when switching to standby

AppMonster - backup different versions of an app

AndExplorer - non-root file access for quick navigating to pdf files, etc.

Olivetree Biblereader

Apps that do not work:

Quickoffice
Android Market
MetaMorph
which version of the market have you tried? if its the latest one, have you tried one of the earlier releases?
henson0115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 08:39 AM   #43
uboot
Evangelist
uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.

Are you speaking of Google Market? As far as I know the T1 misses some sync stuff that prevents Google Market as well as other Google Account related apps from working...
Old 11-22-2011, 10:54 AM   #44
henson0115
Enthusiast
henson0115 began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-t1
Quote:
Originally Posted by uboot View Post
Are you speaking of Google Market? As far as I know the T1 misses some sync stuff that prevents Google Market as well as other Google Account related apps from working...
should be pretty easy to get hold of these apk's, xda developers will have alot of it. also they have a nook section which probably has a few links to specific bits and pieces required to get the market working.
henson0115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 04:21 AM   #45
uboot
Evangelist

Pretty easy!? So just do it please and tell us the details

This might be helpfull as well: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=137

FYK, I already tried a Google Market apk from XDAdev, but it didn't work and it finally turned out that some other packages are missing which are required to make Market&friends work.

So, it's not just about installing a proper Market apk, you gotta resolve package dependencies...