Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 02-09-2013, 05:18 AM   #631
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Ah. 32 out of 1450. Not so good. But perhaps they've only just started the transfer.

They are currently showing my books in my library as one long horizontally scrolling list with cover thimbnails and title/author given below. I can't find a way to get a more sensible plain text list of my library. What am I missing?
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 05:27 AM   #632
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hang on. Something weird is going on here. I look now and I can only see 28. And I can't see the one free ebook that I had in my library before. There must be a way to change the view. I'm asking nook UK support now on their freephone number.
Advert
Old 02-09-2013, 05:48 AM   #633
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

OK, the answer from nook UK support is that there is a known problem with the website view not showing all books in the account, and there is currently no other view of one's library.

The nook for Mac software and the nook for PC software are not currently compatible with UK accounts (I did get nook for Mac running, but the synchronise doesn't work, although it did before. I suspect it's timing out on the large number of books.)

On the plus side, the chap could confirm that there are 1,000 or more books currently in my nook UK account.

I thought that the transfer from Fictionwise, being a one-off thing, might be forgiven for being a bit clunky. I find the poor UK website and incompatible Mac and PC software less excusable.

As has been said before: this could have been a great way for B&N/nook to gain lots of keen ebook buyers. I was delighted when I first heard that (some) of my books would get transferred.

The long complicated process, especially followed by this mess, have left me less than enthusiastic.
Old 02-09-2013, 05:54 AM   #634
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Good grief, it gets worse. As a test I purchased a free ebooks at nook.co.uk. In the email confirmation is a link to "your Nook Library™". the link is to a server, mynook.nook.com, that does not exist!
Old 02-09-2013, 06:09 AM   #635
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Empty !
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-09-2013, 06:41 AM   #636
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
Empty !
They're obviously doing English accounts before Scottish accounts.

Or perhaps it's something to do with my chasing them on the phone via a free Skype call. I have no idea if it had any effect.

The ways of B&N are mysterious.
Old 02-09-2013, 11:53 AM   #637
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Still waiting for my code ...
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 12:03 PM   #638
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
Still waiting for my code ...
If you're in the US with a US Fictionwise and nook account, I'd suggest calling the special transfer customer services number again.
Old 02-09-2013, 12:18 PM   #639
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
Holy Cow! I haven't looked at this thread in a long while (didn't bother with the transfer, just downloaded zip files from Fictionwise), but three months after the start of the thread, folks are still having problems with B&N.

You guys have a *lot* more patience that I do.
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 04:26 PM   #640
Kirtai
Addict
Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-650, iPad, Samsung Galaxy SII (JB), Google Nexus 7 (2013)
I'm still waiting for any books to arrive, though I notice that my Nook for PC app did pick up the free book I got from the Nook UK site. Though it's not appearing in my web library list

Incidentally, the web site insisted on a card and said it charged my card for "FREE" for that (DRM free) book. Sloppy.
Kirtai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:35 AM   #641
SASSBS
Connoisseur
SASSBS doesn't litterSASSBS doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Keyboard; Kindle Fire
OK got the books in the App on the Kindle Fire all books show up fine, the IPAD more than half the books show as Pre Order and the website doesn't show anything!

It also lets me download without adding a CC number on the website. The books are DRM though which is a shame as I wanted to read them on the Kindle Keyboard (my main reading device).

Support is as useless as ever with them they have no clue what is happening.
SASSBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:42 AM   #642
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Originally Posted by SASSBS View Post
OK got the books in the App on the Kindle Fire all books show up fine, the IPAD more than half the books show as Pre Order and the website doesn't show anything!

It also lets me download without adding a CC number on the website. The books are DRM though which is a shame as I wanted to read them on the Kindle Keyboard (my main reading device).

Support is as useless as ever with them they have no clue what is happening.
Since a CC number is essential to B&N's DRM scheme, I don't see how you can download DRMed ebooks from them without having a CC registered with them.

But if you can read the books on a nook Apprentice Alf should be able to help you strip the DRM.
Old 02-10-2013, 06:44 AM   #643
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
OK, the answer from nook UK support is that there is a known problem with the website view not showing all books in the account, and there is currently no other view of one's library.
Since nook UK does has a customer service email address I'm following this up with them there, although I've had to be careful not to mention Fictionwise at all, since any mention of Fictionwise makes them refer you to the transfer support telephone line.

What I really don't understand is why the US B&N web site has a good multi-page sortable and searchable library view web site, and the UK nook web site has only a pathetic scrolling view.

I'll comment here if I get any kind of sensible response.
Old 02-10-2013, 08:30 AM   #644
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
I'll comment here if I get any kind of sensible response.
Wow. I got a sensible response!

1424 books are in my nook account transferred from my Fictionwise account.

Now, my list at Fictionwise had 1450 entries. But two of those were audiobooks, and five of them were notes of subscriptions, leaving 1443 actual books. 142 of my books were on the most recent list of books that wouldn't transfer, meaning I was expecting at most 1301 books. That 1424 books have transferred means that they must have got approval for the transfer for more books after preparing the list.

Of course, that I can't see more than 32 of the titles at the website is a bit of a drawback, but hopefully they'll sort that out with an update eventually.

Has anyone else in the UK has their fictionwise books appear in their nook UK account yet?
Old 02-10-2013, 10:27 AM   #645
ChristopherTD
Addict
ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Marvin Reader on iPad Air (via Calibre)
Quote:
Wow. I got a sensible response!

1424 books are in my nook account transferred from my Fictionwise account.

Has anyone else in the UK has their fictionwise books appear in their nook UK account yet?
None for me yet - I had around 500 books, so I am looking forward to being able to see 32 of them!
ChristopherTD is offline   Reply With Quote