Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-02-2009, 03:36 AM   #46
Mike L
Wizard
Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy
Ea,

But as I've been trying to explain, the composite rate applies to purchases delivered electronically: things like ebooks, MP3s and software. It does not apply to the import of a Kindle and its cover. Those are physical goods which attract the normal import duty and VAT, with the VAT being at your country-specific rate.
Mike L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 08:59 AM   #47
Duckrow
Duckrow began at the beginning.

Device: Kindles 1 and 2
I have had the US Kindle for a few months now and get books through my macbook so I've been wondering; is the international Kindle different hardware wise or only in its software?
Duckrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-07-2009, 09:01 AM   #48
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckrow View Post
I have had the US Kindle for a few months now and get books through my macbook so I've been wondering; is the international Kindle different hardware wise or only in its software?
It has a GSM radio of course, rather than the CDMA one in the "old" Kindle. That, AFAIK, is the only difference.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 09:05 AM   #49
Duckrow
Duckrow began at the beginning.

Device: Kindles 1 and 2
That seems fairly conclusive then, I wont be able to upgrade it. Never mind, I'll save a fortune on the papers and magazines I'm tempted to subscibe to but can't get wirelessly which is probably good.
Duckrow is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle international, kindle uk, united kingdom