Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-09-2009, 07:46 AM   #1
Snuser
Snuser began at the beginning.

Device: none
include isbn when saving to harddisk

Hi there,
when using the possibility to save selected ebooks in one single directory they are named in a

title - author

scheme -
is it possible to change this behaviour to include more metadata fields
for example in this style because having the isbn around would be nice to recover all other informations very quickly

title - author - isbn
Snuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 10:56 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
At some point I will add support for output masks, then you will be able to specify any arbitrary metadata that you would like to have added.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-09-2009, 07:38 PM   #3
giddion
Connoisseur
giddion doesn't littergiddion doesn't litter

Device: samsung i910 now - cybook later
I too would like to have an option as to how Calibre organizes my collection, personally I'd like to group by Fiction/non-Fiction. If fiction I'd like it to be organized by author and under author directory I'd just like the individual books - broken down in sub-directories by series if it's a series book.

Non-Fiction I'd like broken down by subject which presumably I would put in as a tag.

Related topic, is there a way to turn off the (#) is added to the directory name in the current structure?
giddion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 07:52 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

No there isn't and there never will be. The number guaratees uniqueness of the book directory name
Old 02-09-2009, 08:03 PM   #5
giddion
Connoisseur

No Chance of doing like most download software and only adding the (#) when the second (conflicting) directory is created?
Advert
Old 02-09-2009, 08:12 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

calibre is not downlaod software. Book folders are renamed when metadata changes. Keeping track of the uniques or not of every folder everytime metadata changes is too much overhead.
Old 02-09-2009, 08:25 PM   #7
giddion
Connoisseur

ok, thanks for taking the time to answer, I didn't realize the (#) changed every time the metadata changed.
Old 02-09-2009, 08:30 PM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

the # doesn't change, the rest of the name changes, hece the use of the # to keep things unique