Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 05-20-2013, 08:38 PM   #1
khahoon
Connoisseur
khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: generic
E-reader alternative to Kobo Glo with audio?

Hi

I have ordered Kobo Glo recently however I am now thinking to move onto another device for this or that reason. So I would like to know what the alternatives to Kobo Glo are (beside Kindle Paperwhite).

Things I liked about Kobo Glo

-price
-resolution
-memory extension (this is the reason why I did not buy Kindle)

Things that I also care about

-pdf capabilities
-if possible audio support (for listening audio books)
-additional on device apps (do not care about games)
-weight (lighter the better)
-decent library/device management/mobile software(I use calibre already) but I would not mind if the device comes with additional tools that makes managing the device easier.
-the resolution must be least equal to Kobo Glo`s

thanks
khahoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 02:44 AM   #2
mlcarson
mlcarson began at the beginning.

Device: none
How about the Pocketbook Touch Lux? Same resolution as the Kobo Glo and should be out by the end of the month.
mlcarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-21-2013, 05:30 PM   #3
khahoon
Connoisseur
khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: generic
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlcarson View Post
How about the Pocketbook Touch Lux? Same resolution as the Kobo Glo and should be out by the end of the month.
Hi
Thanks for recommendation. I cannot find price info on it.

Any other recommendations?

thanks
khahoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 06:36 PM   #4
danicca
Addict
danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Higher resolution is usually paired with frontlight, and frontlight devices generally don't have audio. You'd have to wait for pocketbook, or look into onyx/icarus devices. Cybook and Tolino have frontlight, but not audio, and I think there was iriver device with high resolution which might have had audio.
danicca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 07:11 PM   #5
maslow
maslow began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO GLO by FNAC
hi,
just saw the POCKETBOOK Touch Lux at pixmania for 119 EURO on the French site (.fr) and the German one (.de)
it has frontlight and supports mp3
maslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-20-2013, 07:50 AM   #6
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
A Sony T1 refurb. Very cheap atm. The only downside is it has no light.
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 07:52 AM   #7
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizla View Post
A Sony T1 refurb. Very cheap atm. The only downside is it has no light.
Fails the equal-resolution requirement too, doesn't it?
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 12:25 PM   #8
jlynton
Evangelist
jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Moaan Inkpalm 5.
icarus Illumina HD, just released, sounds like it may be a good option, http://www.icarusreader.com/
jlynton is offline   Reply With Quote