Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 08-10-2012, 11:52 PM   #1
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Horrible look on Kindle highlights (Nexus 7)

Have anyone seen that on Kindle for Android , Nexus 7, highlighted words look awful?

Is this a normal behavior, a bug?

So far that's the only issue I've found with the Nexus 7 ...
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 05:35 AM   #2
Treee
Treee began at the beginning.

Device: iPad 2 | Nexus 7 | Kindle 3
I received my Nexus 7 yesterday and opened the Kindle app today for the first time - I got a shock when I saw how bad the highlights look when using the white 'screen color' setting.

It looks slightly better when you use the sepia setting. For anyone interested, I've attached images showing what the 3 different screen color settings look like.

Personally I'd like to have control over the appearance of highlights anyway.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	N7-Kindle-White.jpg
Views:	310
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	90510   Click image for larger version

Name:	N7-Kindle-Sepia.jpg
Views:	291
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	90511   Click image for larger version

Name:	N7-Kindle-Black.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	90512  
Treee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-11-2012, 09:33 AM   #3
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes, yes, that's what I'm talking about. Thanks for sharing the pictures , I was a bit lazy taking ones.

Did you report it to Amazon? Looks like is a software issue, an easy fix in my opinion.
Old 08-11-2012, 01:29 PM   #4
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocampo View Post
I was a bit lazy taking ones.
You can use the built-in screenshot feature.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 01:47 PM   #5
jocampo
Layback feline

Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
You can use the built-in screenshot feature.
Just learned how to today.
Advert
Old 08-12-2012, 05:12 AM   #6
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Amazon hasn't caught up with JB yet. With enough comments/complaints perhaps they will work on an update. The highlighting options are certainly not my favorite but will suffice for now.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote