Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-22-2011, 12:54 AM   #1
pagalatheart
pagalatheart began at the beginning.

Device: kobo, pc
trouble transfer amazon book to calibre

have 2 books from amazon that I get an error message when uploading to calibre. am able to open both using kindle for pc, 3rd book downloaded today from amazon transferred no problem.

message get when adding books: Error decoding: c:\users\..<file path info>..\<filename>_EBOK.azw

I updated my version (to 0.8.6) and retried but had same problem. Any ideas to resolve?

Thanks.
pagalatheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 01:51 AM   #2
lestatar
LB's lolz Mutt Minion
lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, GalaxyTab, BB Bold9700, BB 8300, Sony Clie, Palm Vx, Palm III
^ hmmm, I am guessing that one is a DRM-protected book...Wait for more expert calibre users to chime in though...
lestatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-09-2011, 01:06 AM   #3
Briannasparrot
Briannasparrot began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
I am getting the exact same error on two books. Darn
Briannasparrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 03:23 AM   #4
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by pagalatheart View Post
message get when adding books: Error decoding: c:\users\..<file path info>..\<filename>_EBOK.azw
Calibre doesn't have an "Error decoding" error message. My guess is that you are running a DRM-stripping plugin that is producing that message. We cannot support or discuss such plugins on this forum (forum rules).
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote