Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 12-20-2010, 08:39 PM   #1
jadflat
jadflat began at the beginning.

Device: Eco Eclpse
Hanlin V5 vs Eco Eclipse

Hi, I've just ordered an ECO Eclipse and have been told by the supplier that the firmware has been modified from the Hanlin V5 and no longer supports the following formats

RTF, LIT, WOLF, CHM, FB2, DJVU, TIFF , RAR, ZIP, MOBI

while still supporting these

BMP, DOC, EPUB, GIF, HTML, JPEG, MP3, PDF, PNG, PPT, TXT

Am I going to miss the dropped formats?

Should I just re-flash the firmware with the original Hanlin firmware or is there a better alternative?

thanks in advance for your help, this looks like a great forum
jadflat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 02:21 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Generally I suggest you just try what they sent you and then if you find eBooks in other formats you want then you may wish to reflash. It looks like CoolReader is missing from the firmware. Some people really like that one. Also check about TTS if you want that feature. Only some firmware versions have it. Check the MobileRead wiki for more on TTS and CoolReader as well as the other eBook formats.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-21-2010, 02:58 PM   #3
jadflat
jadflat began at the beginning.

Device: Eco Eclpse
Thanks, I'll give it a go with the Eco firmware.
jadflat is offline   Reply With Quote