Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 06-02-2023, 02:18 AM   #1
mazed_04eee
mazed_04eee began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paper White ( 7th Generation)
Need help to zoom PDF in KOreader

I do not find the zoom in option of PDF by swiping finger on display in KOreader (PW7 kindle).Is there any such option in Koreader? Plz help.
mazed_04eee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2023, 10:09 PM   #2
mergen3107
Wizard
mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
All zoom options are in the bottom menu.

For spread and pinch you need to assign them from Top menu, gestures.
mergen3107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-06-2023, 12:19 PM   #3
mazed_04eee
mazed_04eee began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paper White ( 7th Generation)
thanks a lot
mazed_04eee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2023, 04:30 AM   #4
SilverGreen93
SilverGreen93 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook InkPad Color 3
So how do I configure pinch, zoom and pan in pdf files?
I cannot figure this out.
SilverGreen93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2023, 07:40 AM   #5
cramoisi
Librarian
cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: kobo gloHD - KA1
Hello,

From gear menu, Gesture manager > Spread and pinch > Spread > tick Fixed layout documents > Zoom mode and you choose your zoom mode. It's the same for pinch =)
cramoisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-16-2023, 07:49 AM   #6
Connoisseur
305869 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.305869 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.305869 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.305869 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.305869 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.305869 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.305869 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.305869 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.305869 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.305869 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.305869 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Boox Leaf 7"
I would play around with these options circled in red to get the page to fit to the screen the way you like. If the page is zoomed in in a way it doesn't fit on the screen, you can pan using the page turn controls. You can select the direction the page turns take you on the bottom.

If there are images in the PDF you can tap and hold on them to bring up the image viewer where you can zoom, pan and rotate.

Last edited by 305869; 06-16-2023 at 01:01 PM. Reason: removed possibly wrong info
305869 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2023, 10:48 AM   #7
SilverGreen93
SilverGreen93 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by cramoisi View Post
Hello,

From gear menu, Gesture manager > Spread and pinch > Spread > tick Fixed layout documents > Zoom mode and you choose your zoom mode. It's the same for pinch =)
"choose your zoom mode" - what do I choose here? I have choosen "manual", but when I pinch and zoom, the page is zoomed it, but still cannot pan and zoom-in/zoom-out by pinching/draging...
SilverGreen93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2023, 02:11 PM   #8
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
IIRC, there's no direct way to do what you're thinking of. Take this with a grain of salt, as I've never actually actively used these gestures outside of quick low-level input testing, but my understanding is that pinch/spread is only bound to *font size* scaling, and that on *reflowable* documents; so *not* what you're using.

Assuming it's all plugged into GestureManager properly, you miiight be able to get away with something like binding spread to a larger zoom factor and pinch to a lower zoom factor (which whould require being in manual zoom mode to begin with), but I'm not sure it's actually doable, and I wouldn't expect it to work all that well, *especially* on a low power device like the Forma.

Take all this with a grain of salt, my own experience with fixed-layout on that device involved sticking to perfectly screen-sized content, so I don't have to deal with any of this nonsense .

As mentioned earlier, though, if you're actually in the image viewer, e.g., by long-pressing on an image [which will work much better on actually reflowable content, e.g., ePub], then pan/spread/pinch will work *exactly* like that, though, and we've done extensive tweaking to make this behave mostly sanely on slow devices.

Last edited by NiLuJe; 06-16-2023 at 02:15 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2023, 04:25 AM   #9
cramoisi
Librarian
cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: kobo gloHD - KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverGreen93 View Post
"choose your zoom mode" - what do I choose here? I have choosen "manual", but when I pinch and zoom, the page is zoomed it, but still cannot pan and zoom-in/zoom-out by pinching/draging...
As I don’t really use it (I’m like Niluje I just fit the content on a page in page mode and that’s it because everything else is a pain) I can’t really said. I just checked the option and I think you could go with the Zoom factor option and give it some tests to see if you can manage something which is right for you.
cramoisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2023, 12:55 PM   #10
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Assuming it's all plugged into GestureManager properly, you miiight be able to get away with something like binding spread to a larger zoom factor and pinch to a lower zoom factor (which whould require being in manual zoom mode to begin with), but I'm not sure it's actually doable, and I wouldn't expect it to work all that well, *especially* on a low power device like the Forma.
Yeah, you can bind to the zoom factor popup, or a specific zoom factor, but not a +/- like font size.

That should be a fairly low hanging fruit for anybody interested to implement, though .

(With a caveat that I'm not entirely sure it'll be all than fun in practioce on low power devices...).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
koreader, pdf, zooming option