Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-16-2010, 12:05 AM   #1
emonti8384
browneyedgurl
emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505/950x2, PRS-600 silver, Galaxy III purple, T2 black
You're not going to believe this!!!!

So, last Saturaday I place an order with Finish Line for a pair of shoes for the boyfriend. They ship them out, give a tracking number, and they say they will be here by Friday. So last night I check their status and it says they're going to Wauwatosa, WI. I'm in OHIO!!!! I call UPS and they say the problem is with Finish Line. I call them, they say they will send me a replacement pair overnight and I will get them today. I ask for a tracking number they say they will email one to me.

It never came.

Today I call to get the tracking number and they say they were never shipped out, that they will ship them out today and I will get them Monday. They cannot call the store until 1pm my time b/c the store is in CA. At 1pm they call me back to tell me the shoes are out of stock and they will have to refund me my money! They will give me a $10 gift card for my troubles.

By this time I'm ready to rip someone's face off.

I got a little crafty and found the address to where my shoes were shipped to. I then call AT&T 1411 and give them the address, and they give me the phone number. I call this guy and explained my situation and he says he hasn't received any shoes. I say thanks and hang up.

I call back to Finish Line and am on the phone with the manager telling her to refund my card when my phone starts to die. I tell her I will call her back.

An hour later my phone rings, it's the guy from Wauwatosa, WI. He says he GOT my shoes and would like to know where I want them shipped to. He ends up shipping them to me, emailing me the tracking number, and when I ask him the cost he tells me to donate to the red cross and he'll call it even.

How awesome is that?!?! I was going to have to wait one week for my card to be credited, then re-order them and wait abother week to get the shoes, so all in all it was going to take me like 3 weeks just to get a pair of shoes. I can't believe he called me back! Is that awesome or what!?!

Too bad I can't hit a button for karma for this guy lol!
emonti8384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 12:15 AM   #2
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
there are good people left in the world....I've heard rumors there were and now .. there is proof
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-16-2010, 03:04 AM   #3
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
wow...you must have a really pretty phone voice for this guy to pick up the bill for the shipping. :P

There are still good people out there...and it's nice to hear stories about them.
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 03:22 AM   #4
emonti8384
browneyedgurl
emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Actually I do think I have that sexy phone voice thing going on...ok I'm lying, I sound like a 5 year old and I know it, lol! I know, I still cannot believe he sent it to me. Now I'm deciding on whether or not I should call Finish Line and have them refund me my money for treating me so bad. A $10 gift card is insulting, don't you think? They're a multi-million dollar company. When I called back I told them to refund my card and I would place a new order, I wanted a discount and overnight shipping, they said, "I'm sorry, we don't offer discounts with that kind of shoe." I said r u kidding me? I'm willing to go thru ur company again and ur telling me I have to pay full price? That is so uncool
Old 01-16-2010, 03:42 AM   #5
Mike L
Wizard
Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy
If I was the guy in Wisconsin, I'd do the same. After all, who knows when something that I order isn't going to get sent to Ohio.
Mike L is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-16-2010, 12:21 PM   #6
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Just goes to show you that Wisconsonites are good people. Well those of us who aren't Iowa transplants at least...

One of my favorite lines from a movie was in Men of Honor when the main character, who was black, was shunned by all but one white man in his class. When asked why he hadn't done so, as well, the man answered, "I'm from Wisconsin." Sorta sums us up, I think.

YMMV, there are some real world class butt heads here, too.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 12:33 PM   #7
SilverBear
ἄρκτος ὁ Μέγας
SilverBear can grok the meaning of the universe.SilverBear can grok the meaning of the universe.SilverBear can grok the meaning of the universe.SilverBear can grok the meaning of the universe.SilverBear can grok the meaning of the universe.SilverBear can grok the meaning of the universe.SilverBear can grok the meaning of the universe.SilverBear can grok the meaning of the universe.SilverBear can grok the meaning of the universe.SilverBear can grok the meaning of the universe.SilverBear can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Onyx Boox 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
. . .
YMMV, there are some real world class butt heads here, too.
True. But it's nice to know there are others out there trying to make the world a more pleasant place to live. And hearing about it encourages us to try to do the same.

Thanks for the story, emonti!
SilverBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 12:53 PM   #8
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Wow, that was really nice of him!
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 01:21 PM   #9
dsvick
Wizard
dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-900
That was incredibly nice, and not something you see everyday unfortunately. It is good to know that there are still people like that out there.

/begin cynicism/
He probably didn't like the shoes anyway.
/end cynicism/
dsvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 02:26 PM   #10
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ervserver View Post
there are good people left in the world....I've heard rumors there were and now .. there is proof
Yes, but there are damned few of us left!
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 02:36 PM   #11
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Maybe you should send the guy a thank you card with a copy of your donation receipt.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 07:17 PM   #12
Verencat
Wizard
Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.

Device: xxx
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
Maybe you should send the guy a thank you card with a copy of your donation receipt.
Seconded!
Verencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 02:22 AM   #13
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
and a picture of your boyfriend smiling while wearing the shoes.
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 03:03 AM   #14
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
I just went through the same sort of thing, but with L.L. Bean. I ordered in the middle of November to have as Christmas presents, sent an e-mail at Christmas, when they told me that sometimes it takes 2-4 weeks... to go by air, no tracking number. I sent them e-mail at the beginning of January, to which they didn't bother to reply, sent another e-mail on the 7th of January... no reply, and finally sent another e-mail insisting up a response two days ago. Yesterday I received an e-mail telling me that they would be happy to re-ship my order, but three of the four items were out of stock. Nothing but a "Sorry, we don't have your stuff but if you'd like, we can credit your credit card with a refund."

This is L.L. Bean!!! Leon founded the company based on quality and customer service. They still have the quality but have grown too big for the customer service. Fortunately, there are a dozen other stores on the Internet these days who carry the same goods, and are still small enough to insure good customer service. I wonder if I'll get a call from whoever gets my package?!? I'm happy to hear that you got your shoes. Maybe we'll get lucky too! Can I borrow your telephone voice?

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 03:54 AM   #15
emonti8384
browneyedgurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsvick View Post

/begin cynicism/
He probably didn't like the shoes anyway.
/end cynicism/

I dunno-do you think those mens Skechers Shape Ups are cute?

That's what i thought too lol!!!