Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-17-2009, 12:28 PM   #1
barkndog
Enthusiast
barkndog can teach chickens to fly.barkndog can teach chickens to fly.barkndog can teach chickens to fly.barkndog can teach chickens to fly.barkndog can teach chickens to fly.barkndog can teach chickens to fly.barkndog can teach chickens to fly.barkndog can teach chickens to fly.barkndog can teach chickens to fly.barkndog can teach chickens to fly.barkndog can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Kindle DX (1st gen), iPad, Toshiba Thrive, Acer Iconia A100
Archive Settings

Couple of questions concerning my Kindle DX and archiving:

1) I just received my Kindle a couple of weeks ago, and I started downloading books and emailing documents. When do they go into "Archived Items"? Can I change the default time for something to be archived? an Archive Settings somewhere?

2) Can I archive documents that I've sent to my Kindle via email (such as Word Docs)? I would like to be able to do it without tethering to a computer.

Sorry if these are silly questions, I haven't found a way to archive items either from the Kindle or the manageyourkindle page from Amazon.
barkndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 12:41 PM   #2
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by barkndog View Post
Couple of questions concerning my Kindle DX and archiving:

1) I just received my Kindle a couple of weeks ago, and I started downloading books and emailing documents. When do they go into "Archived Items"? Can I change the default time for something to be archived? an Archive Settings somewhere?

2) Can I archive documents that I've sent to my Kindle via email (such as Word Docs)? I would like to be able to do it without tethering to a computer.

Sorry if these are silly questions, I haven't found a way to archive items either from the Kindle or the manageyourkindle page from Amazon.
"Archived Items" are those purchases from Amazon that you have deleted from a Kindle. They are held there (with notes/highlights, etc.) for you to download back any time you want. It is also referred to as your Digital Bookshelf. But it is ONLY for books purchased from Amazon.
Similarly, periodicals you mark "keep" are stored in "Archived Periodicals."

You have to manage your own documents via the USB connection to your PC.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert