Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 10-04-2012, 02:01 PM   #1
skinmaan
Wizard
skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android tablet, Kindle KB
Two new Audible freebies

Audible has two new freebies available on their site; I found them through the Audible app, so I don't think they are any great secret.

The first, "Agatha Christie: An Autobiography," can be found here. It says the book is actually narrated by Christie herself, but I haven't listened to it to make sure that is accurate.

The second is "Legion" by Brandon Sanderson, and it can be found here. This is a science fiction title, and it reminds me a little bit of the television show "The Pretender." It's short, so if you liked the show this might be a good title to experiment with.

Enjoy!
skinmaan
Your audiobook bloodhound
skinmaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 02:15 PM   #2
bookratt
Wizard
bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS505 & PRS600, iPad, Pandigital Novel, iPad 2
excellent! Thanks!
bookratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-04-2012, 02:19 PM   #3
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Le Show, September 30, 2012, by Harry Shearer

http://www.audible.com/pd?asin=B007U5BSMW

Quote:
Le Show is a program of satire, humor, and commentary about the week's news. Comedy sketches written and performed by multi-talented multimedia artist Harry Shearer, interwoven with an eclectic, ever-changing blend of music; from world to pop, soul to jazz. Shearer says about Le Show, "I do it because I don't do standup, and I don't do sitcoms, and the radio broadcast enables me to do what I think is funny in a broadcast medium without having to listen either to network executives or Canadian producers."

About Harry Shearer: He co-wrote and starred in the seminal rock mockumentary, This Is Spinal Tap; he's the voice of Mr. Burns, Smithers, Ned Flanders, Kent Brockman, and nearly a dozen other characters on the long-running FOX-TV hit, The Simpsons; and he was a cast member and writer on Saturday Night Live. Le Show, has been on the air since 1983.
Anyone brave enough to add this to their account and see what it really is?
Preorder Test Jane Eyre by John Williams http://www.audible.com/pd/ref=sa_1?asin=B009EVGGKY
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 02:45 PM   #4
skinmaan
Wizard
skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
Anyone brave enough to add this to their account and see what it really is?
Preorder Test Jane Eyre by John Williams http://www.audible.com/pd/ref=sa_1?asin=B009EVGGKY
There are a number of these available in Audible. Most are $0.05 to $0.10, but this one and another are free. I downloaded the other, and it was just a 7-minute snippet of a different audiobook from the title. I think Audible was testing a new system for pre-ordering audiobooks, and this was their sandbox. They have since "gone live" with their first real pre-order, an audiobook for "Pride & Prejudice & Zombies."

skinmaan
Old 10-04-2012, 03:05 PM   #5
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinmaan View Post
The first, "Agatha Christie: An Autobiography," can be found here. It says the book is actually narrated by Christie herself, but I haven't listened to it to make sure that is accurate.
Thanks for the links

I notice the Christie is only 1 hr and 20 mins which seems impossibly short for an autobiography that's 544 pages in Hardcover. It's also listed as a performance as opposed to an audiobook. I'm guessing this is some kind of promo and not the whole book?
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-04-2012, 03:10 PM   #6
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinmaan View Post
Audible has two new freebies available on their site; I found them through the Audible app, so I don't think they are any great secret.
Thanks for the links
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:18 PM   #7
skinmaan
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Thanks for the links

I notice the Christie is only 1 hr and 20 mins which seems impossibly short for an autobiography that's 544 pages in Hardcover. It's also listed as a performance as opposed to an audiobook. I'm guessing this is some kind of promo and not the whole book?
According to the product description (emphasis mine):

"These audio excerpts were dictated by Agatha Christie herself."

I assume that means she only dictated certain parts of her autobiographies, and those are what are collected here.
Old 10-04-2012, 03:23 PM   #8
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
For those interested in more episodes of Le Show, they can be found at KCRW (the station he broadcasts from). There are 613 episodes available, going back to Jan 2001. You either listen online or download many of the episodes as MP3 files. You can also subscribe to the podcast through the website or iTunes.

Le Show
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:11 PM   #9
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
Free from Audible -The Family Portrait: Four Short Stories about Domestic Life by Jon Ronson Narrated by Jon Ronson (Author of The Men Who Stare at Goats, Lost at Sea, Them and The Psychopath Test)
melmac is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
audible