Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 08-25-2010, 12:39 PM   #1
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Kidnapped & Catriona — Ten Free Copies [OFFER ENDED]

[Update: Now all gone]

I've spent the last month preparing my editions of Robert Louis Stevenson's novels Kidnapped and Catriona for release on Amazon.

I've made the text the best version I can by checking it carefully against various early editions — the Cassel 1886, 1895, and Edinburgh 1895. I've added in lots of hyperlinked glossary entries for dialect and archaic words, got maps done for Kidnapped, and added in good B&W illustrations by Charles E. Brock.

Kidnapped and Catriona tell of the adventures of David Balfour, and are set in mid-18th Century Scotland. In the US Catriona is also know as David Balfour, which is a bit confusing, and explains why I've chosen the UK title.

There is my earlier free version as an omnibus available here on Mobileread. My new editions have an improved text, better formatting of the text, more glossary entries, and illustrations.

I'm selling them on Amazon for just $0.99 each. But getting the word out about them is difficult - there are lots of (fairly poor) editions on Amazon.

So - I'll send free copies to the first ten people to send me a private message asking for copies of the new editions and supplying an email address.

I rather hope that those who receive the free copies will review them on Amazon, but this is not a condition for getting the free copies.

So — who'd like free copies of my excellent versions of these two classic books for free? Kidnapped and Catriona read really well even now, well over 100 years after they were written. If you haven't already read them, you should definitely give them a go!

PS If anyone would prefer free ePub versions instead, just let me know in your private message to me. I haven't released the ePubs yet, but they're built from the same source as the Kindle versions, and so are near identical.

PPS They are, of course, free of DRM!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Kidnapped Cover.jpg
Views:	387
Size:	124.0 KB
ID:	57136   Click image for larger version

Name:	Catriona Cover.jpg
Views:	350
Size:	121.7 KB
ID:	57137  

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 08-26-2010 at 12:17 PM.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 02:16 PM   #2
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Kidnapped and Catriona

If you've missed out on the offer, they're only $0.99 at the Amazon.com Kindle store, or about £0.72 at the Amazon.co.uk Kindle store.

Kidnapped US
Catriona US

Kidnapped UK
Catriona UK

I haven't put the ePubs into distribution yet. If anyone wants ePubs and asks before I get around to it, I'll send them free copies. I'll update this post once they're available at the usual ePub locations.

Last edited by pdurrant; 08-26-2010 at 03:21 AM.
Old 08-25-2010, 06:41 PM   #3
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
I want 'em, but I honestly don't know when I'd have time to read them, and I would want to review them if I got them.

I read both books as a teenager and loved them.
khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 07:13 AM   #4
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Thanks for all the interest in the books. I hope those with free copies enjoy them. For anyone who missed the offer - well, they are only $0.99 each as Amazon, or the free omnibus version here at Mobileread is pretty good.