Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-16-2013, 08:21 AM   #1
gers1978
Addict
gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Reset furthest page read on Personal Doc

I have a book I sent to my PW, iPad and iPhone as Personal Document.

I was reading it on my iPad last night, am about 30% into the book. I clicked on a link in the book that took me to a footnote, which are all towards the end of the book (about 90%). For some reason, Kindle for iPad has "saved" that as my furthest page read, and now when I open the book on my PW or iPhone, it jumps to 90%!

Anyway to reset it? I know it's easily done at the Manage My Kindle page for Amazon-bought books, but it doesn't seem to be an option for Personal Docs.
gers1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 09:37 AM   #2
KimberlyFDR
Groupie
KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Fire 7, Fire HD 6, FireStick, Echo, Echo Dot, Echo Connect
Quote:
Originally Posted by gers1978 View Post
Anyway to reset it? I know it's easily done at the Manage My Kindle page for Amazon-bought books, but it doesn't seem to be an option for Personal Docs.
Return to the page you were on, go forward a page, then back, then close the document. That should re-set the "last page read" to the current page. I send a lot of personal docs to my Kindle and sometimes skip ahead to make sure I want to commit to the story Going back and re-confirming the last true page always works for me.
KimberlyFDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-16-2013, 04:01 PM   #3
gers1978
Addict
gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Didn't work
gers1978 is offline   Reply With Quote