Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-24-2011, 02:24 AM   #1
MRi
MRi began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Problems with news and the Sony PRS-T1 "Invalid Page" error

Hi!

I have a T1 since Saturday to replace my Oyo-Reader.
I have problems opening news collected and created with Calibre.
The Calibre Software displays the created files without any problems.
The sony shows something like "Error: Invalid Page" (I don't kow the exact English error message).

Any ideas?
MRi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 02:57 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRi View Post
I have a T1 since Saturday to replace my Oyo-Reader.
I have problems opening news collected and created with Calibre.
The Calibre Software displays the created files without any problems.
The sony shows something like "Error: Invalid Page" (I don't kow the exact English error message).
No idea, but the folks that do have an idea might need to know what OS and calibre version you're using.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-24-2011, 02:58 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
If that news was created before you got the T1 it will not work on your T1 when sent by calibre (since it does not have the special SONY markup needed for news). Make sure your output profile is set to SONY and any new news you download will work on your T1. If you want to read the old news, send it to your T1 using Save to Disk, then it will work as a normal ebook on your T1.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 03:11 AM   #4
MRi

I just collected the news yesterday evening and it was transfered automatically to the T1 by Calibre. But the error was shown, when I tried to open it.

Were I do have to set the output format to "Sony" for the news I want to collect.

I can't recognize that I did this ever before with the old reader...

I am using Calibre (latest version 0.8.23) on Windows 7 (32bit).

Last edited by MRi; 10-24-2011 at 03:13 AM.
Old 10-24-2011, 03:17 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Preferences->Common Options->Page setup
Advert
Old 10-24-2011, 03:38 PM   #6
MRi

THX!
That worked!
Old 10-27-2011, 05:45 AM   #7
beedaddy
Zealot
beedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoon

Device: PocketBook InkPad 4
I wonder if this "special SONY markup" is proprietary or is somewhere more information about it?

Thanks
beedaddy
beedaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 07:37 AM   #8
Domas
Enthusiast
Domas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Domas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Domas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Domas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Domas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Domas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Domas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Domas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Domas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Domas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Domas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T1, Sony PRS-505, Elonex (EB600E), Cool-er (EB600EM), Hanvon N516
Thanks Kovid, I was have the same problem with my new T1.

I'm also wondering about that proprietary SONY markup, is there any more info about it?
Domas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 07:39 AM   #9
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

There is no info about it. Basically, what I know about it comes from looking at a free periodical I got from the SONY store.