Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-10-2011, 07:32 PM   #1
luqmaninbmore
Da'i
luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba Thrive, Kobo Touch, Kindle 1, Aluratek Libre, T-Mobile Comet
Can't Add Fonts?

Greetings,

I'm loving my Kobo Touch but I want to try out some new fonts. I've created a folder named 'fonts' (lowercase) on the KT and transferred by font files over (a mix of ttf and otf files), but when I try to change fonts in a book, the new fonts are not listed. This is true regardless of whether the book is a kobo book or a sideloaded one. Any suggestions?

Specifically, I wanted to add Droid fonts (my favorite from my dear departed Pocketbook 360) and to try out linuxlibertine. Thank you for your help.

Luqman
luqmaninbmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 07:57 PM   #2
Joe563
Never spit into the wind.
Joe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Kobo Original, Kobo Touch, Kobo Android(smartphone & tablet)
Where did you create the fonts folder? It should be off the root directory. What are the names of your font files?
Joe563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-10-2011, 08:51 PM   #3
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Fonts; you need a directory called "fonts" (exact case) in the root of the Kobo. Then True Type / Open Type fonts can be placed there. See https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...5&postcount=46 for some info on how they should be named.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 09:44 PM   #4
luqmaninbmore
Da'i
luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba Thrive, Kobo Touch, Kindle 1, Aluratek Libre, T-Mobile Comet
Thank you very, PeterT. The problem was the labeling (and the fact that my Droid fonts were empy files). It's working now.
luqmaninbmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 03:07 AM   #5
therealjoeblow
Zealot
therealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfolded

Device: Samsung Android Tablet w/Moon+ Pro Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by luqmaninbmore View Post
Greetings,

I'm loving my Kobo Touch but I want to try out some new fonts. I've created a folder named 'fonts' (lowercase) on the KT and transferred by font files over (a mix of ttf and otf files), but when I try to change fonts in a book, the new fonts are not listed. This is true regardless of whether the book is a kobo book or a sideloaded one. Any suggestions?

Specifically, I wanted to add Droid fonts (my favorite from my dear departed Pocketbook 360) and to try out linuxlibertine. Thank you for your help.

Luqman
Power it off (*not* just sleepmode), then back on. I had to do this to get the new fonts to be seen yesterday.

The REAL Joe
therealjoeblow is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert