Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-18-2012, 04:55 PM   #1
bZkindle
Fanatic
bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: k2, k3G, kindle DXG, Sony T-1, iPad, iPhone, stone tablet
Push to Reader?

I recently purchased a PRS-t1 and am very impressed with the power of it (especially after it's been rooted) after sticking with kindles for a long time.
One thing that I ALWAYS use for my K3 is an app called 'push to kindle' which takes web pages and allows you to send them directly to the kindle. It's fantastic for reading long form journalism.
I've looked around and cant' seem to find something similar for the Sony.. anybody know of one?
I find this so essential I could see it holding back a full conversion to this reader.
thanks!
bZkindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 05:49 PM   #2
Kolenka
<Insert Wit Here>
Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Forma
Nothing built in, but I wonder if Instapaper would be useful for this? With the built-in browser you can grab everything pushed to Instapaper into an ePub that you pull down. As long as you have WiFi available it should work.
Kolenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 02:23 AM   #3
altruizine
Senior Altruist
altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox C67ML, Onyx Boox Note Pro
I'm using the Instapaper service (which has its own browser extensions and bookmarklets) and the InstaFetch Pro app on the Reader (and on my phone as well). Sync could be more automatic (for example, triggered by an established Wifi connection), but overall I'm very satisfied with this solution.
altruizine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 04:34 AM   #4
TonyGamble
Groupie
TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: None
"I wonder if Instapaper would be useful for this?"

I've started to try downloading the Android app and Instapaper says it is not compatible with the Sony T1

EDIT - And of course the answer is to use Calibre which can pick up your Instapaper account in its 'news' system.

Tony

Last edited by TonyGamble; 10-19-2012 at 05:11 AM.
TonyGamble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 06:38 AM   #5
TonyGamble
Groupie
TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I've just seen that Calibre can handle a similar system called Pocket.

altruizine. Have you compared the two?

Tony
Old 10-22-2012, 06:56 PM   #6
altruizine
Senior Altruist
altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox C67ML, Onyx Boox Note Pro
No, I haven't tried Pocket on the T1. I have used it occasionally on my phone, though, and it appears to work OK, but I was missing a paged reading mode. Pocket insists on scrolling, although you can use the volume keys for triggering a page-wise scroll.

Note that I was referring to the InstaFetch Pro app, not the Instapaper app.
altruizine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 07:05 PM   #7
Kolenka
<Insert Wit Here>
Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyGamble View Post
EDIT - And of course the answer is to use Calibre which can pick up your Instapaper account in its 'news' system.
Actually, you can download an ePub of your instapaper articles straight from instapaper.com.

So you can do it from a T1/T2 with the built-in browser, without Calibre. It is just 'pull' rather than 'push'.
Old 10-23-2012, 01:56 AM   #8
TonyGamble
Groupie

Kolenka,

I haven't tried that as, looking at instapaper.com on my PC I don't see any instruction to download the suite of articles to my hard disk. How would I download them if I called it up on the browser of my T1?
Old 10-23-2012, 10:56 AM   #9
Kolenka
<Insert Wit Here>

See the attached images. The download links are in the right column of the page when you log in. Tapping on 'ePub' will download an ePub copy. Doing it from the reader will download a copy of the ePub straight into your library on the Sony.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2012-10-23 at 7.48.15 AM.png
Views:	315
Size:	19.7 KB
ID:	94737   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0455.jpg
Views:	314
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	94738   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0456.jpg
Views:	316
Size:	32.8 KB
ID:	94739  
Old 10-23-2012, 11:40 AM   #10
TonyGamble
Groupie

Thanks.

I see now. The ePub icon of course.

Clever system.

Tags
prs t1, push, sony