Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-16-2004, 06:26 PM   #1
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Thank You For Being a MobileRead Reader!!!

As always, we at MobileRead are thankful to all of our readers for being a part of the MobileRead community, whether you just make frequent visits here or whether you are a frequent contributor. We hope you will all continue to enjoy our content and even participate in our forums. I think that you'll find the MobileRead team is continually making an effort to make this a better and better site.

You would probably be amazed by the amount of work done behind the scenes by the creator and administrator of MobileRead, Alex Turcic. He can be flat on his back, sick in bed, and he will still be working on ways to make this place even smoother and more enjoyable for all. (I'm sure all the web site teams out there can understand what I'm talking about!) We are very grateful for all his efforts.

By the way, some of our newest visitors may be saying to themselves, what is MobileRead about anyway? Is this a site all about mobile reading? Well, the answer is yes. And no!

Yes it's all about mobile reading. Sure, this is a wonderful place to learn about reading ebooks, clipping web content for reading later on your mobile devices etc. But no, we are not limited to such a small set of topics. Once you start discussing reading on a mobile device you are completely and inextricably tied to a myriad of related topics. The web, blogging, emerging technology, games, video, desktop PCs, smartphones,... and even operating systems like Palm Cobalt. I'm sure there are also many more related topics that will grow naturally as the technology progresses. That's part of the fun. Plus we have a community center in the forums where you don't even have to talk about the web or reading or technology at all. You're perfectly welcome to share about the new dog your Aunt Martha bought your daughter for a birthday present if you like!

We think our topics are a natural fit, and you our readers have supported that hypothesis by demonstrating a lot of interest in those sorts of topics. We want to be inclusive, and provide a community where we can all share and enjoy all sorts of thoughts and information.

So as we approach the close of another year, thank you all for being a part of our growing community. We're having a great time, and look forward to many more years to come.
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004, 01:09 PM   #2
Laurens
Jah Blessed
Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.

Device: iPod Touch
I'd like to thank the team - and Alexander in particular - for maintaining MobileRead. I like everything about the site: the layout, the topics and, of course, the people here. I could go on for a while, but I don't want to get too sentimental.

I'd like to wish everyone a Merry X-mas and a Happy New Year!
Laurens is offline   Reply With Quote