Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 01-04-2012, 03:50 PM   #1
quailrancher
quailrancher began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Output dropdown menu missing

I installed Calibre today and found these simple instructions for conversion from EPub to MOBI on the web:

Drag and drop your EPub eBook into the Calibre library [did that], highlight the eBook you want to convert [did that], set the output drop down on the right to "MOBI"....

There I stopped, for the only drop down menu on the right says "saved searches" and nothing else.

I checked for plugins, and there are a number, including MOBI, so I should be good, but I'm not. It's probably something simple, but just not as simple as I am. Any ideas?
quailrancher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 03:53 PM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
There is a step missing - after highlighting the book you have to hit the Convert toolbar button to get the Conversion dialog. Then you will have the drop down you are looking for.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 04:04 PM   #3
quailrancher
quailrancher began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
There is a step missing - after highlighting the book you have to hit the Convert toolbar button to get the Conversion dialog. Then you will have the drop down you are looking for.
Huzzah! It worked. Instructions are just like stairways, aren't they? One step missing and down you go.

Thanks bunches.
quailrancher is offline   Reply With Quote