Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-14-2010, 09:49 PM   #1
artemisblossom
Groupie
artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony prs505
Can the Audio be turned off??

Hi I am sure this is a silly question but I don't know how to do this. I loaded an audio book on my sony 505 reader and it works beautifully. I am not finished the audio but but I would like to set it aside and go back to reading another book i had started. When I turn the reader on and open the book I want to read the audio book keeps playing...is there a way to turn this off or something??
artemisblossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 02:05 AM   #2
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Yes, it can be turned off, but to save my life I can't remember how. I tried it once, last summer, and spent way too long poking around in menus looking for the STFU option. It's in there somewhere. Until someone who actually knows what they're talking about answers, just do like I did: look through the menu options and try things until something makes it stop. (incidentally, I found that audio playback goes through the battery faster than plain reading).
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-15-2010, 02:30 AM   #3
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
My user manual page 55 to page 58 .... at the Home menu, select "Now Playing" and hit enter (center button on the right side, round button). Then on the "Playback"screen, hit enter again. This is suppose to stop it.

I have taken all sound files off my Reader and don't use that function. I load my audio books into my mp3 player, as it is much more convenient to carry around and plug into the car for travel or put in my pocket while doing yard work.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 08:54 AM   #4
artemisblossom
Groupie
artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony prs505
Thanks I finally got it to stop by pulling the memory card and then putting it back in but it is nice to know how to do it properly and I think I will take the advice not to load audio books on it anymore
artemisblossom is offline   Reply With Quote