Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-10-2009, 09:19 AM   #1
andrys
Explorer
andrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: Kindles,SurfacePro2,NookColor,Pocket Edge,Samsung 10.1 Tab,S2 phone
A Kindle file with mobile-websites linked

There's now an Updated MOBIWEB bookmarks-file for use on Kindles, to include better-functioning links for Kindle 3 and some tips on the Kindle 3's handling of some Google areas.

It's explained and downloadable from the blog article at
- http://bit.ly/kwmobiweb

I found some other good ones while doing so, including one that puts your chosen or favorite websites into mobile-style size and layout so you can view them without crashing the Kindle.

I have some tips on the Kindle web browser and these links, at my blog, so will give that link, and the file is downloadable from there, along with some info on browsing modes that can help speed things up or help when the website results have gray translations from color that make the pages too hard to read or when the words are too small.

One thing with email sites like gmail. After you submit a note, you invariably are told by the Kindle (due to an aggressive time-out process?) thet you were unable to connect with the server, but in fact you did and the note is sent. I tend to copy myself on notes so I can tell for sure. I ran into the same thing with notes to Facebook and to the Amazon forums. They're posted even though you get false failure alerts.

The links file is very simple, but I hope it'll help some who haven't experimented much due to the slowwwness of the Kindle browser and the cellular connection, which I think is probably throttled to save $.

http://bit.ly/mobiweb

- Andrys

Last edited by andrys; 09-29-2010 at 03:42 PM. Reason: Updated the downloadable mobiweb file
andrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 02:40 PM   #2
andrys
Explorer
andrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: Kindles,SurfacePro2,NookColor,Pocket Edge,Samsung 10.1 Tab,S2 phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrys View Post
The links file is very simple, but I hope it'll help some who haven't experimented much due to the slowwwness of the Kindle browser and the cellular connection, which I think is probably throttled to save $.

http://bit.ly/mobiweb

- Andrys
Apologies. The links-file I uploaded was somehow an older one and I've replaced it with the right one now.
andrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
kindle web browser, links file, mobile websites