Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 10-20-2008, 04:25 AM   #1
Jovvi
Connoisseur
Jovvi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jovvi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jovvi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jovvi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jovvi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jovvi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jovvi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jovvi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jovvi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jovvi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jovvi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Gen3, Cybook Opus, iPad and HTC Wildfire (Android)
Smile Newbie from Sweden

Hi!
I´m from Sweden and I just found this site today. I have just bought myself a new Cybook, but of cause it will take a while for it to arrive. While waiting for it I will continue reading my e-books on my Tungsten E2 (it does work well for me but since i mainly use it for reading books, I decided to buy myself a dedicated e-reader with e-ink. I read a lot of books and I resent it when the battery givs out on me. Hopefully the Cybook will take care of that problem.

Clara
Jovvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 05:01 AM   #2
Wordcrasher
Addict
Wordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle Fire 2015, Kindle Paperwhite
Hi Jovvi,
welcome to the forum ! :-)
Wordcrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-20-2008, 01:05 PM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Clara and welcome to the Forum. Beware, once you try eInk, you WILL become addicted
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 04:48 PM   #4
rlparker
Ars longa
rlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Kindle K1, K3 wifi
Hi Clara--welcome and have fun!
rlparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 10:10 AM   #5
Petter
Petter began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Librie
Hej Jovvi!
Jag är också från sverige och har en iliad sedan en vecka.
MVH
Petter
Petter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-24-2008, 05:31 PM   #6
digitalzen
Connoisseur
digitalzen doesn't litterdigitalzen doesn't litterdigitalzen doesn't litter

Device: none
Welcome! I'd love to travel to your country one of these days. Spent a lot of time in Eastern Europe, but would like to go north for some xcountry skiing.
digitalzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 06:17 AM   #7
Jovvi
Connoisseur
Jovvi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jovvi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jovvi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jovvi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jovvi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jovvi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jovvi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jovvi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jovvi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jovvi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jovvi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Gen3, Cybook Opus, iPad and HTC Wildfire (Android)
Hi again everybody!

Today I have had my Cybook for a week, and I´m very pleased with it, the only "negative" with it is that you (or I at least would not dare) read it while bathing. But i can live with that, I have plenty of regular books too, and since I´m a librarian, have access to countless more books should I so desire. Of course, not the same books I read om my Cybook, but still...

To Petter: How do you like your Iliad, and do you use it for other than reading books? I think I have heard you can subscribe to newspaper with it...? Or something. It´s a littele more advanced than the Cybook, right?

(Kul med en till svensk förresten, ibland är det ju bra att kunna fråga på svenska, att läsa på engelska är ju lätt men ibland är det svårt att hitta rätt ord på engelska när man ska skriva något) .
Jovvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 06:26 AM   #8
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Hej Klara

Another swede here, with a BeBook (Hanlin V3 rebrand).

As for reading in the bath. Well, you could always buy some ziplock bags at the supermarket large enough to hold the cybook I think one of the other members here on MR did that and it worked just fine. You probably shouldn't drop the reader into the bathtub even if it's in a ziplock bag, but to keep it from getting wet while holding it it should work just fine.

Ha en bra dag,
Stefan
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 09:22 AM   #9
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Ah, minst fyra svenskar
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 10:57 AM   #10
Petter

Har vi fyra olika läsare?
Själv har jag en Iliad, Jovvi har en Cybook och Slite en Bebook.
Hade någon bara en Sony 505 skulle vi kunna ha en liten träff och jämföra leksakerna.

/Petter från Järfälla
Old 11-01-2008, 08:05 AM   #11
June
Addict
June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Oasis 1&2 and others
...och en finlandssvensk. Jag har förrensten en 505
June is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 05:53 PM   #12
koppenu
koppenu began at the beginning.

Device: sony reader
hi, i love reading on my computer (i know, that is not normal), i happened to notice that i read much faster on screen than a real book, but since i love to read in the sun, i just bought the sony reader. i would like to know if anybody has experience with reading pdf-books with this device...
i am looking for books in german, french, english...
koppenu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 02:02 AM   #13
teaspoon
teaspoon began at the beginning.

Device: prs505
+1 Svensk(ish).

Hej på er allihopa!
teaspoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 09:07 AM   #14
Petter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jovvi View Post

To Petter: How do you like your Iliad, and do you use it for other than reading books? I think I have heard you can subscribe to newspaper with it...? Or something. It´s a littele more advanced than the Cybook, right?

Hej,

Jag använder bara iLiaden till skönlitteratur. Jag valde den för storlekens skull, tycker att den var bra att läsa med.Det blir som en riktig boksida och det tycker jag fortfarande om.
Den har ju en pekskärm man kan göra anteckningar i dokument med, på men det använder jag aldrig.
Nu funderar jag faktiskt på att byta till en Cybook för smidighetens skull och för att stödet för mobipocket och egenvalda fonter är bättre.
Iliad är som bäst när man läser pdf-dokument som man själv skapat och formaterat själv. Klart sämre för mobipocketböcker.
Det viktigaste för en bra läsupplevelse och för att inte bli trött i ögonen är belysningen så nu ska jag köpa en liten clip-on lampa som säljs av Amazon till Kindlen.

Ha det bra, Petter
Old 12-05-2008, 09:16 AM   #15
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Hade jag fått välja e-läsare idag hade jag nog valt en Cybook istället för en BeBook.

Just på grund av Cybookens utmärkta Mobi support, men jag blev lite "lurad" av att BeBooken "stödjer" så många format, vilket den förvisso gör, men inget format speciellt bra. Mja, utom FB2 då, det är den riktigt bra på. RTF funkar också ok. Men Mobi och MS-Reader är den INTE bra på ännu, tyvärr.
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote