Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-15-2012, 10:05 AM   #106
johnnyb
Cloud Reader
johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Scribe, iPad Pro 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Maybe these are shot at a better angle...
Thumbs up for your device's name!

And good to see that chances are, I'll get a good Paperwhite end of November...
(unless of course the ship all the defective ones to Europe in an attempt to resell them to what they consider eReader cavemen)
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:06 AM   #107
techiegirl
Groupie
techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, iPad Mini, iPhone 6+
Booklover6: They look good to me too.
techiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-15-2012, 10:11 AM   #108
Yolina
Wizard
Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyb View Post
Unless of course the ship all the defective ones to Europe in an attempt to resell them to what they consider eReader cavemen
The same thought had entered my mind actually!

And @Bookolver6: your looks good to me too If only I could be guaranteed to have a screen like that, I wouldn't hesitate to get one.
Yolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:12 AM   #109
Trauma Doll
Addict
Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Gave up on PW. Using Kindle Keyboard.
On the very biggest image I can see some green (upper right area) and pink (lower left, although there are still compression artifacts there so it's hard to say), but it still looks better than the best unit I've received.
Trauma Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:13 AM   #110
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Maybe these are shot at a better angle...
These show the dark shadow at the upper third of the screen. Others who just posted have the light level too high so it washes out the photos. I definitely saw faint pink blobs in @Heifzilla's photos. I bet if the light level were about 14 they would show up better.

@Heifzilla wrote, "This, and other things, is leading me to believe that much of these defective units are really in the eyes of the beholder." I can just as easily say that most of these newly posted and poorly photographed images are leading me to believe that many of the so-called "perfect" units are really only "perfect" in the eyes of their owner.
Advert
Old 10-15-2012, 10:14 AM   #111
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Nice to finally see a good one!
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:16 AM   #112
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trauma Doll View Post
On the very biggest image I can see some green (upper right area) and pink (lower left, although there are still compression artifacts there so it's hard to say), but it still looks better than the best unit I've received.
When you point it out, I see it now too. Argh. I still think it's a pretty good one overall though.
Old 10-15-2012, 10:18 AM   #113
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trauma Doll View Post
...and trolling people who aren't happy, yes, hence the presence in this thread and why I pointed out that it'll only take a few extra seconds to take a picture. If you have time to troll, you have time to post a pic.
It was meant as a joke. After the first couple of days, I've just ignored these threads because I wass happy with mine. Sorry if I offended you. I'll post a picture later.
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:21 AM   #114
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

This was taken in a room with fairly bright indirect light from a window. 14 was the setting where it brightened the screen without making it "glow".
I think it's a little underexposed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0001.jpg
Views:	340
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	94162  
Old 10-15-2012, 10:26 AM   #115
BenG
Home Guard

Looking at it in Lightroom, if I turn down the exposure some darker blotches appear but nothing off color.
Old 10-15-2012, 10:27 AM   #116
Yolina
Wizard
Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenG View Post
This was taken in a room with fairly bright indirect light from a window. 14 was the setting where it brightened the screen without making it "glow".
I think it's a little underexposed.
OK, I'll have yours
Now why can't they all be like that? I think there would be many more happy people about. I can see some very very faint pink in one area, but like Booklover6's unit, I don't find it strong enough to be distracting

Last edited by Yolina; 10-15-2012 at 10:35 AM.
Yolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:49 AM   #117
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
I don't see any color or shadows on mine....I do see a large light blotch in the lower right section.

For comparison, at a lower light level with less stuff on the screen
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:53 AM   #118
ultimatejimmy
Enthusiast
ultimatejimmy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle Paperwhite (coming soon)
Quote:
I don't see any color or shadows on mine....I do see a large light blotch in the lower right section.

For comparison, at a lower light level with less stuff on the screen
That screen looks really nice.
ultimatejimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:55 AM   #119
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered

The color splotches are more apparent to me in those last pics, booklover. To my eyes there's very obvious greenish blue at the top. That said, all that matters is that you don't see it.
Old 10-15-2012, 10:56 AM   #120
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklemotion View Post
The color splotches are more apparent to me in those last pics, booklover. To my eyes there's very obvious greenish blue at the top. That said, all that matters is that you don't see it.
Too funny....I sure don't. Some shadows, yes. They don't annoy me. I just adjust the level til it's where I am comfortable.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote