Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 05-30-2010, 01:58 PM   #1
grndslm
Enthusiast
grndslm has a propeller beanie that spins backward.grndslm has a propeller beanie that spins backward.grndslm has a propeller beanie that spins backward.grndslm has a propeller beanie that spins backward.grndslm has a propeller beanie that spins backward.grndslm has a propeller beanie that spins backward.grndslm has a propeller beanie that spins backward.grndslm has a propeller beanie that spins backward.grndslm has a propeller beanie that spins backward.grndslm has a propeller beanie that spins backward.grndslm has a propeller beanie that spins backward.

Device: none
Major problem with JBL... Will NOT turn on w/ batteries. :(

Title is mostly self-explanatory.

The JBL was working fine last night. I was copying files directly to it w/ the USB, as the SD card I had laying around wouldn't be recognized with any computer I had.

After I took the JBL off the USB, it just wouldn't turn on, even with a fresh set of AA batteries.

I can hold the RESET and POWER buttons, and it makes it seem like it's doing something, but as soon as I let go of either button, the screen just fades away to nothingness.

Very strange, and I don't know what to do. I'm not sure if I really trust this thing to be RMA'd for exchange. Perhaps for a regular Jetbook?? That might be a better choice. Perhaps the regular Jetbook doesn't have the screen flicker as well. Hmm...

Anybody else had this dilemma before? I believe I've got about 10 days to return/exchange.
grndslm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 09:36 PM   #2
clerky96
Connoisseur
clerky96 began at the beginning.

Device: none
You need to contact Ectaco. Mine froze while reading and wouldn't do anything. Even reset didn't work. I had to remove the batteries to get it to turn off. Then it would come back on, but only to the logo page and never go any farther. No matter howlong you waited. If your 1 year warranty runs out in 10 days you had better get in touch with them ASAP. Sorry I couldn't be of any help.
BTW, did you try installing the batteries, hook it up to the computer with the usb, and turn it on? Someone told me they had to do that once to get theirs to come on and then it worked fine. It didn't work for me, but you might try it.

Last edited by clerky96; 05-30-2010 at 09:39 PM.
clerky96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-30-2010, 11:29 PM   #3
GhostHawk
Data Privateer!
GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.

Device: Ectaco Jetbook& Jetbook Lite
Agree that it sounds like something took a hit.
If removing the batterys and restart didn't do it, you might try pushing reset (hidden on back)

If those both fail then somethings wrong, send it back.
GhostHawk is offline   Reply With Quote