Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-22-2010, 03:33 AM   #1
Polvo
Enthusiast
Polvo can read faster than his screen refreshesPolvo can read faster than his screen refreshesPolvo can read faster than his screen refreshesPolvo can read faster than his screen refreshesPolvo can read faster than his screen refreshesPolvo can read faster than his screen refreshesPolvo can read faster than his screen refreshesPolvo can read faster than his screen refreshesPolvo can read faster than his screen refreshesPolvo can read faster than his screen refreshesPolvo can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Kindle 3 - 3G
HTML apps?

Am I right in thinking that the Kindle has two HTML engines, Webkit and a simpler renderer for static html files (saved as .txt)?

If so is there a way to run Javascript in the static html viewer? I tried saving a simple JS calculator web page to the Kindle. The page displayed but the JS didn't.

Perhaps there's some kind of trick or special html formatting required for the JS to be recognised? I know that static pages only support relatively simple html.
Polvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 10:42 AM   #2
curstpriest
Confused
curstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toys

Device: Kindle DXG
you would think it would be possible to get a hack running to get the browser to load files off of localhost... Or mabye some kind of kindlet wrapper to run javascripts + html in some kind of container.
curstpriest is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-27-2010, 06:26 PM   #3
Acorn
Connoisseur
Acorn is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle 3
If you have SSH access, is there maybe an iptable you could change to map a certain address to a local path?

(I don't know much about unix so I'm not sure if this is possible)
Acorn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
html, javascript