Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-07-2007, 02:36 PM   #1
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
Porting Gnome Libraries

I've had some success porting gnome libraries to the iLiad. This means that I'm able to get native Gnome applications working.

So far, I've compiled Lifera (an RSS reading application) and Rubrica (Contact Management).

Lifera seems to work well. However, it continues to try to put the cache files in /home/root, no matter what $HOME is set to.

Rubrica allows me to enter and contacts, but for some reason, will not display them on the iLiad.

I"m attaching some screenshots. I not sure if any end-user apps will come of this until packaging, keyboard input, and refresh issues are ironed out.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	lifera.png
Views:	722
Size:	144.2 KB
ID:	3433   Click image for larger version

Name:	rubrica.png
Views:	511
Size:	104.5 KB
ID:	3434  
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 02:55 AM   #2
tororebelde
No es el toro que piensas
tororebelde began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iliad
Nice work Adam!

On my way I have no good news since after I wasted some days to port Qt applications to work on iliad I'm still with no luck

Were a lot of problems starting at the matter I needed a running libc 2.3.6 to compile Qtopia. Compilation of libc is really hard if you didn't do it either, so after a lot of tries I realized I needed to give scratchbox a new toolchain. Ok, I give it the new toolchain. Wow, now I have libc 2.3.6, all must be ok now. Again no luck, Qtopia uses some X11 funcs and includes we don't have on our environment.
My headache is growing up ... so I'm really glad you have success on your ports!

You’re doing a great job, keep it up!
tororebelde is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-20-2007, 04:10 PM   #3
bhigginbotham
bhigginbotham began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iLiad
This appears to be very close to if not exactly what I'm looking for based on this thread here: http://forum.irexnet.com/viewtopic.php?p=7252

I was wondering what the status of this project is and how I can get my hands on something I can try and use. This sounds very, very exciting!
bhigginbotham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 06:28 AM   #4
misterb101
misterb101 began at the beginning.

Device: Irex Iliad
Downloading your RSS reader?

Hey Adam,

Brilliant work on the RSS reader! I've been looking for a direct RSS reader for the Iliad for some time now, can you tell me wheter it is possible to download you reader somewhere?

Cheers,
Rob
misterb101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 08:26 AM   #5
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
Lifera was really only good as a proof of concept. It will need a lot of work to be end-user ready. Screen refreshes, as always, are the biggest issue.
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-06-2007, 05:53 AM   #6
misterb101
misterb101 began at the beginning.

Device: Irex Iliad
shame

Hey Adam,

Shame to hear that, but I assure you that when you've got something working there will be a LOT of people interested!

Good luck and keep us posted!

Cheers,
Rob
misterb101 is offline   Reply With Quote