Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 10-04-2010, 12:00 PM   #1
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic
Yar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: PocketBooks and Onyxes and anything E-Ink...
New prices for PocketBook 301 and PocketBook 360

Folks, we're reducing the retails prices for PB301 and 360s!
New prices, effective from today, October 4:

PocketBook 301
PB301 Standard - $ 169.99;
PB301 Comfort - $ 189.99;
PocketBook 360
PB360 Standard - $159.99;
PB360 Comfort - $ 179.99
Yar-PocketBooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 12:53 PM   #2
bill_mchale
Wizard
bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, HPC Evo 4G LTE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yar-PocketBooker View Post

PocketBook 301
PocketBook 360
PB360 Comfort - $ 179.99
Excellent! I have been trying to decide on what I would replace my Jetbook with. I like the Pocketbook 360 design.. but despite its advantages, I just felt it was too pricey... this now puts it back in contention!

--
Bill
bill_mchale is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-04-2010, 02:35 PM   #3
tvpupsik
Addict
tvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enough

Device: PB 360, PB 602, PB IQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_mchale View Post
Excellent! I have been trying to decide on what I would replace my Jetbook with. I like the Pocketbook 360 design.. but despite its advantages, I just felt it was too pricey... this now puts it back in contention!

--
Bill
I hope many others also have the same feeling now
tvpupsik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 12:00 AM   #4
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic
Yar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animals

So far nothing's changing in the two accessories levels, we stay with "Standard" (device+cover(clamshell)+USB cord) and Comfort (plus memory card and the charger).
But it may change soon for the PB301 - as far as I know the next lot of them will not be equipped with leather covers, they'll be sold separately... We'll know in couple of weeks
Old 10-11-2010, 12:28 AM   #5
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yar-PocketBooker View Post

PocketBook 301
PocketBook 360
PB360 Comfort - $ 179.99
you know some days you really piss me off!! hehehehe...I am running out of reasons to wait to buy a 360...sigh...I suppose I have one left but moving to a desert island would sort of require I bring at least one extra reader so that idea won't work. Any suggestions?
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-11-2010, 07:27 PM   #6
Mickey330
Addict
Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis & the Kindle app on iDevices
C'mon over to the "dark side," brecklundin.

You know you want to!

Mickey330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 09:32 PM   #7
celemark
Enthusiast
celemark doesn't littercelemark doesn't litter

Device: EBookwise-1150, PocketBook 360, Kindle 3 SO 3G, PocketBook Touch Lux 5
I've been waiting to hear the announcement for the next generation 360, but if the 360 product line (with the current form factor) is dying then I'll pick up another one before the stock runs out. To me, there's still no other e-ink reader that even comes close to the 360 for comfort.
celemark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 12:30 PM   #8
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
PocketBook has already discussed that an updated 360 will be available in 2011. 2nd quarter towards middle of the year
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 06:49 PM   #9
jezebel
Fanatic
jezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoon

Device: Kindle Fire (5th Gen), Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulin's Books View Post
PocketBook has already discussed that an updated 360 will be available in 2011. 2nd quarter towards middle of the year
Oooh... what are the proposed upgrades? Now I don't know if I should get one now or try to wait.
jezebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 09:37 PM   #10
celemark
Enthusiast
celemark doesn't littercelemark doesn't litter

Device: EBookwise-1150, PocketBook 360, Kindle 3 SO 3G, PocketBook Touch Lux 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulin's Books View Post
That's good news, I somehow missed that bit of info.
celemark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 09:40 PM   #11
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
Pocketbook has a curious way to measure time, so you won't regret getting it for those prices. The upgrades could probably include Pearl and Wifi, since it is expected that the exclusivity agreement for Pearl will end the coming year, and Pocketbook has been very busy acquiring content for its book store. bookland.net, which by the way is starting to look like a serious place and not some ragtag Gutenberg ripoff.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 12:22 AM   #12
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logseman View Post
Pocketbook has a curious way to measure time, so you won't regret getting it for those prices. The upgrades could probably include Pearl and Wifi, since it is expected that the exclusivity agreement for Pearl will end the coming year, and Pocketbook has been very busy acquiring content for its book store. bookland.net, which by the way is starting to look like a serious place and not some ragtag Gutenberg ripoff.

Bookland.net is not live yet as of today, but when it starts (hopefully this week), it'll have about 270.000 paid books and 30,000 free books (Guttenberg).