Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-08-2009, 01:48 PM   #1
benjaminkitt
benjaminkitt began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Kindle 2 Price Drop: $299

The Kindle 2 price dropped to $299 today on Amazon.com. Anyone who had a Kindle 2 ship within the last 30 days can get in touch with Amazon Customer Service for a $60 refund of the difference. I called them 5 minutes ago and it took about 2 minutes to get the refund.

That's a pretty nice price drop and adds substantially to the competitiveness of the Kindle IMHO!
benjaminkitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 02:24 PM   #2
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
discussion also started below

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50492
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 03:51 PM   #3
NavyDad6
Reading is FUNdamental
NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Early adopters get screwed again... lol.
NavyDad6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 04:25 PM   #4
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyDad6 View Post
Nah, not screwed. If the device was worth the price when one bought it, there is the value of having it and using it in the time since. Definitely, though, if price is one's main driver, it is always best to wait as far as technology is concerned. But that could lead to waiting forever
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 05:19 PM   #5
unrequited
Zealot
unrequited doesn't litterunrequited doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 2 DX
Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyDad6 View Post
Say you bought one on release day (Feb23rd)... which I did, and you've been enjoying it 'till today for the low early-adopter tax of less than $.50 a day. *shrug* That's worth it to me, and in that time I bought a DX and ebay'ed my K2 heh.
unrequited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 06:32 PM   #6
kevindorsey
Evangelist
kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle
Well this was expected.
kevindorsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 07:15 PM   #7
pboss
Evangelist
pboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enough

Device: none
Value is relative. If you had fun with it, that's all that really counts. A nice price drop by the way. It will attract new people to the community.
pboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 08:44 PM   #8
Talldog
Addict
Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, KDX Graphite, Surface Pro
I think Amazon did it just to keep the conspiracy theorists happy wondering what the evil empire is covering up now.
Talldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 03:22 PM   #9
Lee_Prince
Lee_Prince began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
Yeah, the original Kindle was $399....I waited for the price to drop and it never did. 16 months later (just four months ago), I bought the Kindle...now they dropped it the $40 I was really hoping it would be priced originally. Still, I've saved quite a bit on books now. The only gripe I have is that more and more books are going for greather than the $9.99 which was the original e-book price. Given that's the attraction of the thing, I hope they don't kill the goose that lays the eggs.
Lee_Prince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 08:44 PM   #10
sl33py
sl33py plays well with otherssl33py plays well with otherssl33py plays well with otherssl33py plays well with otherssl33py plays well with otherssl33py plays well with otherssl33py plays well with otherssl33py plays well with otherssl33py plays well with otherssl33py plays well with otherssl33py plays well with others

Device: K2i, K3, PW
Finally called them today and same thing. 5 min and 65.00 back (includes tax which was a nice surprise).

Now just need to get one for the GF so i can actually use my own K2!
sl33py is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 09:11 PM   #11
sdmama
Enthusiast
sdmama doesn't littersdmama doesn't litter

Device: Sony Reader 505 and 700 and Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by sl33py View Post
Finally called them today and same thing. 5 min and 65.00 back (includes tax which was a nice surprise).

Now just need to get one for the GF so i can actually use my own K2!
With the $65 refund and the new and improved lower price, there's no excuse not buy her one!
sdmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 09:48 PM   #12
sl33py
sl33py plays well with otherssl33py plays well with otherssl33py plays well with otherssl33py plays well with otherssl33py plays well with otherssl33py plays well with otherssl33py plays well with otherssl33py plays well with otherssl33py plays well with otherssl33py plays well with otherssl33py plays well with others

Device: K2i, K3, PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdmama View Post
With the $65 refund and the new and improved lower price, there's no excuse not buy her one!

Jen? That you?!

LOL
sl33py is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 10:15 PM   #13
GenJen
Super Nova Wonderstar
GenJen began at the beginning.

I called and requested the refund as well. It's a nice unexpected extra money in my pocket that will go towards new reading material. Yay!
GenJen is offline   Reply With Quote