Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-03-2013, 01:38 PM   #1
Sridhar
Sridhar began at the beginning.

Device: iPad 3
Problems with auto-sending news by email

I have been using Calibre to download newspapers and send them to my iPad Kindle App using the automatic send by email option. I recently had to reformat my computer and since then, Calibre has stopped sending the emails. The configuration of the email is fine (test email works, and manually sending the newspapers to the device also works) and the "Auto Send" option is checked. Once the newspaper is downloaded, there are no pending email jobs either (so it is not a problem with the email, the timeout settings etc).

I can't figure out what is going wrong. It used to work perfectly before I had to reinstall everything. I am only posting here after looking up whatever I could to fix this on my own. Any help will be deeply appreciated.

I have Calibre Version 0.9.12 running on Mac OSX Mountain Lion.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Sridhar; 01-03-2013 at 01:44 PM.
Sridhar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:51 PM   #2
Sridhar

I think I have figured it out just after posting the message. My output format was set to Epub. I changed it to Mobi and am trying again. Hopefully, this should do it.
Advert
Old 01-03-2013, 02:18 PM   #3
Sridhar

And that worked. The Auto Send option was set to send several formats to the Kindle app, but not Epubs. Since the default output format was Epub, downloaded news was not being sent to my device. On changing the default format to Mobi, it works fine.