Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 10-04-2009, 07:59 PM   #1
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Mystery books bundle on Sony - $5.69

I thought this was a pretty good deal:
http://ebookstore.sony.com/bundle/wo...00000000178043

Includes: Candy Cane Murder by Joanne Fluke
Bake Sale Murder by Leslie Meier
This Pen for Hire by Laura Levine
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 09:00 PM   #2
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Thank you for posting this. I just made my first purchase at the Sony store. Up to now, I've only used the Sony software to download the freebies.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-04-2009, 09:02 PM   #3
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Woohoo! I broke you in That's a pretty hard deal to pass up.
Old 10-05-2009, 03:05 AM   #4
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
Thanks, I picked this up!
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 04:02 PM   #5
BeccaAnn
Groupie
BeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-505
Out of curiosity, do the books come in one file for all three or in individual files?
BeccaAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-05-2009, 04:07 PM   #6
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

With bundles they all come as one file. You can select which one you want to read from the Table of Contents though, in case you want to read a particular one first.
Old 10-05-2009, 04:17 PM   #7
BeccaAnn
Groupie
BeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-505
Darn, I was hoping they came individually. I already own several books by Joanne Fluke and would love to start a collection of Leslie Meier's books and have the third author in another collection.
BeccaAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 05:25 PM   #8
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaAnn View Post
Darn, I was hoping they came individually. I already own several books by Joanne Fluke and would love to start a collection of Leslie Meier's books and have the third author in another collection.
For that price you should still buy it though
Old 10-05-2009, 06:35 PM   #9
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
This bundle showed up as three separate books in the Sony software. I haven't transferred any of them to the Sony reader, but I did open them in the built-in reader. By the way Candy Cane Murders has 3 stories in it, each about 10 chapters.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 06:38 PM   #10
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsi View Post
This bundle showed up as three separate books in the Sony software. I haven't transferred any of them to the Sony reader, but I did open them in the built-in reader. By the way Candy Cane Murders has 3 stories in it, each about 10 chapters.
Oh that's interesting. I did notice that it was bundled by Sony, maybe that's why?
Old 10-05-2009, 06:39 PM   #11
mwheinz
award-winning bozo
mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Is there a way to get that link to open directly in the ebook library instead of my web browser?
mwheinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 06:43 PM   #12
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwheinz View Post
Is there a way to get that link to open directly in the ebook library instead of my web browser?
No, sorry
Old 10-06-2009, 04:08 PM   #13
sakura-panda
Guru
sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2017 10.5" iPad Pro (Kobo, NOOK, Kindle, Google Play Books & Scribd)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
With bundles they all come as one file. You can select which one you want to read from the Table of Contents though, in case you want to read a particular one first.
All of the bundles that I have bought from the Sony store have come as individual books/files. The only excecption is the Janet Evanovich bundle, which I think was the actual book (of the first three Stephanie Plum books) rather than a bundle.

Either way, this sounds like a great deal! Thanks for sharing!

(Now I just have to remember to add it to my cart when I get to an authorized computer. What a pain that I can't log onto Sony from here. I don't want to authorize and unauthorize a computer that gets replaced every three years, but I'd like to be able to mark books to buy later.)
sakura-panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 05:56 PM   #14
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakura-panda View Post
All of the bundles that I have bought from the Sony store have come as individual books/files. The only excecption is the Janet Evanovich bundle, which I think was the actual book (of the first three Stephanie Plum books) rather than a bundle.

Either way, this sounds like a great deal! Thanks for sharing!

(Now I just have to remember to add it to my cart when I get to an authorized computer. What a pain that I can't log onto Sony from here. I don't want to authorize and unauthorize a computer that gets replaced every three years, but I'd like to be able to mark books to buy later.)
That's interesting. I've only bought a few bundles, and they were all offered by Harlequin, and they came as the entire book. I think you're right about teh Evanovich one, there's a harcover out there that matches that.

Stinks about the authorizing I have the same problem, but I try to look at it as that it prevents me from impulse buys
Old 10-06-2009, 07:17 PM   #15
kelly1010
Book Addict!
kelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPod Touch, Kindle 3G + Wi-Fi
Hmmm.....my libraries have a few of the ebooks in these two series and I've been wanting to try these two series...So I think I will go for it. even if I don't like any of them, thats only about $1.89 per book. Can't beat that. Thanks for sharing!!

And I'm in the shopping mood, so I think I might do some more shopping while I'm there!
kelly1010 is offline   Reply With Quote