Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 08-18-2013, 12:37 PM   #1
rumplestiltskin
Connoisseur
rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: FireHD8, iPad
Root & -only- turn off telephony stuff?

I have a Nook Color (version 1.4.3 it says in Settings/Device Info). All I'd like to do is rename those two files related to the cellphone service (Telephony and something else I don't remember at the moment) in order to max the battery life.

I don't want to install anything from Android Market nor do I wish to use the NC for anything other than reading books. I just want to max the battery life. I sideload all my books via USB connection to my Mac.

Is there an image file anywhere that I can load onto an SD card to accomplish this? Alternatively, is there a method using a USB connection to my Mac (or my PC) that will do this?

Thanks very much.

Barry
rumplestiltskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 05:51 PM   #2
rumplestiltskin
Connoisseur
rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: FireHD8, iPad
Did a bit of research on the xda forum and the consensus there is that the files relating to the (non-existent) telephony hardware are meaningless; removing them has no effect. So I guess we can consider this thread closed.
rumplestiltskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
battery, nook, nook color, root