Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 03-26-2013, 02:18 PM   #1
bloodynibbler
bloodynibbler began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4, Kindle PW, Kobo Libra
Question Save template with ebook formats?

I want to sort ebooks into different folders based on their formats: all EPUBs/RTFs/FB2s in 'docs2' folder, all MOBIs/APNXs/MBPs/PDFs into 'documents' folder on my Kindle ereader. No attempt to call up a list of all the formats associated with an ebook or switch between them has worked. So far:
  • {formats}
  • {#formats} -> custom column using {formats} that spits out comma-separated list of all current ebook formats for each ebook
  • {#fmts} -> custom column using {:'approximate_formats()'}
  • {:'approximate_formats()'}
When saving to disk, the path skips these variables.

Playing around with it, I noticed that none of my custom columns are recognized in the save template. The Template Editor warns that it doesn't recognize any custom column:
Quote:
"EXCEPTION: Value: unknown field #formats".
But the custom columns work alright elsewhere in Calibre. So maybe I'm calling them in the template incorrectly? However, the related built-in fields of {formats} and {:'approximate_formats()'} get skipped when building the save path, too.

I tested those variables with and without the :switch() function. Without the :switch(), the save path skips the variable entirely. With it, the save path uses the function's exception option.

I'm not a programmer, and I've been poking at it for a few days. Any help would be appreciated.
bloodynibbler is offline   Reply With Quote