Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 08-06-2011, 06:00 PM   #1
ttomm46
Connoisseur
ttomm46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ttomm46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ttomm46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ttomm46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ttomm46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ttomm46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ttomm46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ttomm46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ttomm46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ttomm46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ttomm46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
which is easy to use with wireless router?

hi
I have a dlink n 150 router..I see that Walmart has nook simple touch but i thought i read it doesn't support n wireless networks....not being a router expert. which is easy to set up for my router ?..Kobo, Nook, or something else?
ttomm46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 06:04 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttomm46 View Post
hi
I have a dlink n 150 router..I see that Walmart has nook simple touch but i thought i read it doesn't support n wireless networks....not being a router expert. which is easy to set up for my router ?..Kobo, Nook, or something else?
Your router also supports g. So any device that supports g should work. Now if you want an n device, wait for the Sony T1 later this year (probably October). According to the publicly available FCC documents, it will have wireless b/g/n.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-06-2011, 07:45 PM   #3
ttomm46
Connoisseur
ttomm46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ttomm46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ttomm46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ttomm46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ttomm46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ttomm46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ttomm46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ttomm46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ttomm46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ttomm46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ttomm46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
ok thank you
ttomm46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 10:55 PM   #4
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
hi
All N routers are also G routers, so they will work with the nook. Although N is much faster than G, when you download a book (which is usually in the range 0.5-2 Mbytes), it makes next to no difference whether you are on N or G. Besides, the bottleneck is usually your cable/ISP provider (G is good for up to 24Mb/s).
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 10:58 PM   #5
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
Although I do not own a Nook, my question is more related to the router than the nook.

I thought the N protocol, being a latter version then the G, would be backwards compatible with anything that came before it, meaning that G, B and A protocols. Is the N not compatible with the G? G can get up to 25mbps? My verizon fios can go as high as 15mbps this sheds a little light on the router speeds, most routers that I would buy for my home are much faster than any speed my service provider, even fiber optic, can provide.

Last edited by jbcohen; 08-06-2011 at 11:01 PM.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-07-2011, 01:47 PM   #6
6charlong
friendly lurker
6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, nook, Apple and Kobo
Quote:
hi
The Nook Simple Touch supports wireless n. I copied this text from the Barnes and Noble "specs" page for the Nook:

Quote:
Quick wireless downloads

Download books in seconds
Wireless connectivity via Wi-Fi® (802.11b/g/n)
Free Wi-Fi® in all Barnes & Noble stores
Free Wi-Fi® at over 20,000 AT&T® hotspots nationwide
You can find the full specs for the Nook Simple Touch here:

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/nook/features/techspecs/
6charlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 03:39 PM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Most routers and most wifi enables devices do not support A. But N routers do also support B/G.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote