Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 05-03-2011, 12:01 PM   #46
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfwreck View Post
I use adblock to block the avatars, and yeah, have to add new ones when they get changed. (On three different computers.) It's still better than reading the posts.
Elfwreck - is adblock a Firefox add-on? (I'm using IE).
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 12:03 PM   #47
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfwreck View Post
I use adblock to block the avatars, and yeah, have to add new ones when they get changed. (On three different computers.) It's still better than reading the posts.

Desktop in the office.
Desktop at home and netbook at home
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-03-2011, 12:04 PM   #48
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Elfwreck - is adblock a Firefox add-on? (I'm using IE).
I might answer this one

Yes. That's what I use to block some avatars. For example, I hate JSWolf's penguins
Old 05-03-2011, 12:35 PM   #49
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by astra View Post
I might answer this one

Yes. That's what I use to block some avatars. For example, I hate JSWolf's penguins
Thanks - I've found and installed the IE version, but it keeps crashing my browser (and before anyone says anything, I know I should move to Firefox ).
Old 05-03-2011, 02:55 PM   #50
astra
The Introvert

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Thanks - I've found and installed the IE version, but it keeps crashing my browser (and before anyone says anything, I know I should move to Firefox ).

AdBlock Plus add-on was the major reason why I moved to FF 3 years ago.
Advert
Old 05-03-2011, 03:52 PM   #51
orlok
Close to the Edit!

Old 05-04-2011, 05:18 PM   #52
NightGeometry
Zealot
NightGeometry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightGeometry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightGeometry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightGeometry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightGeometry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightGeometry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightGeometry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightGeometry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightGeometry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightGeometry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightGeometry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Kindle 3G, Kindle DX
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardeegee View Post
I'll be 38 my next birthday-- I'm just not a humorless stuffed shirt, clutching at my pearls (yes, a mixed metaphor.) To conciser my post to be a "troll", and so bad that you whine to the moderators to shut down your own thread at it's very beginning because of it-- says more about you than it does about me. I don't need to be "discrete" about it because I have absolutely, positively nothing to hide (moderation edit of link and reference )

People, look at the thread linked in post #21 of mine above-- would anyone here, just seeing that thread, have thought that my first post there rose to "trolling" and necessitated a thread closing? If something that minor justifies closing a thread-- and banning a user from posting in a thread started by someone-- then everyone here would have to constantly walk on eggshells, worried that their least comment would set off someone with a hair-trigger temper.
I completely agree with this (I also don't really see why anyone would have been upset byt he replies - they actually seemed relevant to a humorous discussion about words. Asking for the thread to be closed seems a bit bizarre.

(sorry, kind going off topic)

As per others, being able to start invite only threads seems even weirder, and the mere fact that someone wants to do that makes me uneasy about being here at all (but then my post count is so low that's hardly relevant).
NightGeometry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 12:44 PM   #53
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
I totally agree with you astra the ignore user should be improved, so it almost totally removes the blocked users post.
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 01:36 PM   #54
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE TERMINATOR View Post
I totally agree with you astra the ignore user should be improved, so it almost totally removes the blocked users post.
yep!!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 04:22 PM   #55
TGS
Country Member
TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Liseuse: Irex DR800. PRS 505 in the house, and the missus has an iPad.
Quote:
Agree...except for the "almost".
TGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 11:08 AM   #56
astra
The Introvert

Quote:
On some forums it almost completely removes it.
{SNIP}
Unfortunately ignore is a pretty much useless feature on this forum.
It looks like:

Code:
This post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore posts by Errant Bard  . View it anyway?
That's all you can see.
Old 05-11-2011, 11:44 AM   #57
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat
Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
It looks like:

Code:
This post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore posts by Errant Bard  . View it anyway?
That's all you can see.
I'd love to have that! Does it stop showing the quoted posts of the ignored, too? Because the quotes drive me nuts
Poppaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 12:00 PM   #58
astra
The Introvert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppaea View Post
Does it stop showing the quoted posts of the ignored, too? Because the quotes drive me nuts
No. I don't think so.
Unfortunately.
Old 05-11-2011, 12:07 PM   #59
orlok
Close to the Edit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppaea View Post
I'd love to have that! Does it stop showing the quoted posts of the ignored, too? Because the quotes drive me nuts
Yeah, I hate that too.
Old 05-11-2011, 04:33 PM   #60
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Quote:

I dare to disagree. I don't want the programmers behind this site investing their energy, time and wisdom in improving such a negative and destructive function as "ignore user" actually is.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote