Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 02-22-2011, 12:26 AM   #1
alexbru
alexbru began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook IQ
Unhappy Cannot read internal SD card

So I was messing around with my new IQ and the internal SD card is not readable anymore. As in I can't even see it, neither on the device, nor in Windows when I plug it in.

I tried installing a2sd to the external SD before that happened. a2sd seems to be working and the external SD card reads just fine, but the internal card is like it's not even there anymore.

Is the card dead now or is there any way I can make it readable again?

Any help would be much appreciated.
alexbru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 04:08 PM   #2
hiaig
Addict
hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: jetbook and PocketBook IQ
try this to determine if the internal card is still working:

1. remove the back cover and take the microSD card out and test it on your PC

OR

1. back up everything first.
2. remove your external card.
3. turn the IQ off
4. reboot IQ
5. see if there are new folders created in the internal card.

Cheers
hiaig is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-23-2011, 07:55 PM   #3
alexbru
alexbru began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook IQ
I tried the 2nd option and it kinda worked. I could see the card in the file manager on the device and in windows. However, when I put the external SD card in and rebooted, internal card disappeared again.

I guess I could try to reformat external card back to fat and setup a2sd on the internal card instead. Not sure if it's worth it though. How important is the internal card anyway if I'm storing everything on the external?
alexbru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 10:17 PM   #4
hiaig
Addict
hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: jetbook and PocketBook IQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexbru View Post
I tried the 2nd option and it kinda worked. I could see the card in the file manager on the device and in windows. However, when I put the external SD card in and rebooted, internal card disappeared again.

I guess I could try to reformat external card back to fat and setup a2sd on the internal card instead. Not sure if it's worth it though. How important is the internal card anyway if I'm storing everything on the external?
I put a2sd in the internal card.

I don't put anything else on the internal card because I find that if you have the external card, sometimes the IQ does not pick up books from the internal card.

Cheers
hiaig is offline   Reply With Quote