Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-10-2011, 10:33 AM   #211
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
I use the charger from my cell phone, LG Rumor Touch, for my PRS-350. It also takes the same USB cable as the phone so I don't have to do any swapping between the phone or the reader, and they work perfect.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 04:27 PM   #212
gwbuffalo
eInk Junkie
gwbuffalo began at the beginning.

Device: Sony
Not cheap, but really nice actually:

http://www.eaglecreek.com/bags_lugga...ide-Pro-40481/

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacymarie7575 View Post
Allright...I am not trying to sound too wierd but...here goes. I am a chick and as such I need a purse to carry around all of my crapola. I am NOT however a girly chick that requires an inverted 10 Gallon Hat. I need a purse to carry my wallet and sunglasses, my cigs, my BB and of course....MY READER. I am looking for an electronics carry all with a little extra room. Any thoughts on my prediciment??? jus lookin for a not too big bag for my stuff that will also provide protection for my reader
gwbuffalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-03-2011, 04:40 PM   #213
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Check out baggalini totes, messenger bags and purses, they have some very light weight, smaller ones available that can double as cross-body or waist use.

I found a good selection at eBags.com, and just ordered one for the summer, when I'll no longer have huge pockets in vests and jackets for my reader and really don't want to have to hold it constantly to take with anywhere.
Old 04-04-2011, 10:49 AM   #214
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Thumbs up

I've given in and use a fishing waistcoat with loads of pockets - brilliant.
[Warm one in cold, thin linen one in hot.]

I put up with the odd bright spark asking me how big was the one that got away.................
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 06:00 PM   #215
J..M
J..M has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.J..M has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.J..M has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.J..M has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-600
"Man Bags" are just wrong ................... No Siree......... If you find your self in the position of needing one...... Stay home ...... That is all

Girlz can carry whatever, not going to get in to that one because whatever I say it'll be "Nearly right"
J..M is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-18-2011, 10:12 PM   #216
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
This is one statement that may get me in trouble, but it is true...

GIRLS NEED ONLY ONE BAG THAT CAN HOLD THEIR STUFF AND THEIR MAN'S STUFF TOO.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 01:02 PM   #217
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoria
I bought a u-shaped neck pillow that they sell at the airport (small beanbag). The opening is perfect for proping the Reader up in bed - with the cover open - I can read with both hands tucked under the warm covers! I've tried to devise a way to prop my book open for years, with no luck.

Ah - perfect!

Unfortunately one would need the dreamed of remote control to keep one's hands warmly under the covers.
Ahh remote controlled Ebook readers or better yet, voice controlled ebook readers.
We are so spoiled by the current technology, but yet I want more.
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 01:39 PM   #218
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder

My preference is always going to be jackets or vests with lots of pockets, I absolutely hate carrying a purse. I have a couple of Scottevest jackets that I really love (Windbreaker and Jacket/Vest), but I'm afraid that even the cooler vest only without the sleeves will be too hot to wear in summer here so will be forced to the small purse/body bag at that point. Nothing ruins a nice long walk for whatever reason, just walking, shopping (which I also hate), more than lugging a purse with you hanging uncomfortably and heavily on your shoulder.
Old 11-22-2011, 02:18 AM   #219
JPS
Connoisseur
JPS doesn't litterJPS doesn't litter

Device: iPad II
Hi all ! I have a PRS-650 and am perfectly happy with it !

But I'm a bit fed-up to allways have to have my PC running to charge my reader...

Do you think I can safely use my Iphone wall-charger (thru USB cable) to charge my reader ?

I read in 2 posts above (#210 and #211) that people used other wall-chargers without problem, so I wonder...

Thanks in advance for any advice !

J-P.
JPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 02:29 AM   #220
gbuergisser
gbuergisser began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPS View Post

But I'm a bit fed-up to allways have to have my PC running to charge my reader...

Do you think I can safely use my Iphone wall-charger (thru USB cable) to charge my reader ?

I read in 2 posts above (#210 and #211) that people used other wall-chargers without problem, so I wonder...

J-P.
I have used my Nokia N900 charger to charge my PRS-350. I don't know about the iPhone charger. Just look at it's specs, if they are about 5 V / 1400 mA you should be fine. Just for the record: When using a charger you won't see the big "charging" screen. Only a small arrow pointing into the battery symbol in the lower corner of the screen and the red light on the power slider will light up.

Last edited by gbuergisser; 11-22-2011 at 02:30 AM. Reason: Typo
gbuergisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 02:57 AM   #221
JPS
Connoisseur

Haaa... so funny to get a -fast-answer from someone in the same little country !

Thank you very much for the info... thing is, I don't even know the iPhone specs: electronic/electricity is not my cup of tea, I'm only a "basic" user...

Anyway, I guess it should do... I'll try later and we'll see...

Have a good day !

J-P.
Old 11-22-2011, 03:26 AM   #222
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPS View Post

J-P.
I tried my Iphone wall charger on my 650 and it didn't work howerver I picked up a really cheap Blackbery Bold charger from Ebay and it did

Pretty sure theres been a couple of threads on the issue try searching for charger in the Sony forum

Last edited by melmac; 11-22-2011 at 03:27 AM. Reason: more info
melmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 03:51 AM   #223
JPS
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by melmac View Post
I tried my Iphone wall charger on my 650 and it didn't work howerver I picked up a really cheap Blackbery Bold charger from Ebay and it did

Pretty sure theres been a couple of threads on the issue try searching for charger in the Sony forum
Ohhh ? All right then... I'll look for a Blackberry charger ! (funny thing is that have a Blackberry -too-, but I don't have a wall-charger for it -I bought it second-hand- !

BTW, arent' we in the Sony forum ?

J-P.
Old 11-22-2011, 11:25 AM   #224
Pinecone
Guru
Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650, PRS-600, PRS-350
www.igo.com

Chargers with interchangeable tips to charge all small electronic devices.

The Charge Anywhere is a wall cahrger with a built in battery to charge when you are not near an outlet.
Pinecone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 10:31 AM   #225
grumbles
Addict
grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pandigital Novel (Black), T-2 and 3, Nexus 7
The charger for the Asus Transformer works for the 350, 650 and T1. It also charges my Archos 32 and 43 tablets.
grumbles is offline   Reply With Quote