Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 10-22-2008, 04:27 PM   #1
sarikan
Zealot
sarikan began at the beginning.

Device: none
A better usb cable?

One thing that I'm not as comfortable with as I thought I'd be is the location of the usb socket. For obvious reasons, either the computer or an external charger will have to charge DR1000S during work, at the moment it does not look like we can avoid it. The problem is; the location of the usb connection does not let me comfortably use the device with the usb plugged in. There is risk of physical damage if I hold the device and read in a relaxed position in my chair. The bottom of the device should be quite close to my belly, and due to usb sticking out, I'm not able to let it rest on my belly, or on the table. I know it sounds weird, but I hope you can understand what I'm talking about.
Are there any other cables that have a different shape, so that I wont be worrying about damaging the port due to putting weight around that spot?
If I could rotate for 180 degrees, where the top of the device becomes bottom and usb stays on top, that'd be a better than nothing solution. I've damaged devices before, since the circuits around the mini usb connection were damaged due to stress. And I know being a clumsy idiot, I'll manage to force that usb connection out in a rude way at least a couple of times..

Kind regards
Seref
sarikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 04:46 PM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
In Feature requests etc. I suggested buying a right angle adaptor, although it is only a partial fix.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-22-2008, 06:52 PM   #3
ghostwheel
Zealot
ghostwheel has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: DBoox Max,Galaxy note 10.1 & 3,LE1700 tablet,sony PRS-500,iRex DR1000S
Can you rotate the view 180 degrees?
ghostwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 07:00 PM   #4
allovertheglobe
Grumpy Old Man
allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo, Nook Classic,Color,ST/Glow, iRex DR1000, Sony 505, REB1100&1200
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostwheel View Post
Can you rotate the view 180 degrees?
Not yet. It's only available in Landscape mode. In Portrait mode, the side with the menu key(s) is always at the bottom. A potential feature request?
allovertheglobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 01:07 PM   #5
davidspitzer
So Many Words to Read!
davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.

Device: Kindle
Would one of these be helpful

I don't have my unit yet - Still waiting on shipment - but would one of these help the situation?

http://www.usbfirewire.com/ucablecam5b.html
davidspitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert