Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 10-17-2012, 07:32 PM   #166
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BelleZora View Post
Your post sent me to Wikipedia.
One quick little question sets off a bounty of helpful posts(why didn't I think of going direct to her website) Thank you all I love this thread
melmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 10:38 AM   #167
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

On the subject of re-releasing backlists am I the only one that searches out the original covers and puts them back on the book?
Advert
Old 10-18-2012, 10:54 AM   #168
BelleZora
Wizard
BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by melmac View Post
On the subject of re-releasing backlists am I the only one that searches out the original covers and puts them back on the book?
Nope. I search them out also.
BelleZora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 11:28 AM   #169
Tattncat
Bookworm
Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Tablet, Samsung Galaxy Tab3, Sony PRS700, Sony PRS505
Me too! I always add a cover and whenever possible, I search out the original.
Tattncat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 11:30 AM   #170
melmac
Wizard

So glad to hear it ! Though perhaps my obsession with ebooks may have been getting out of hand
Advert
Old 10-18-2012, 11:52 AM   #171
BelleZora
Wizard
BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kobo Libra 2
Finding the original cover to Cynthia Wright's Caroline when it was a freebie is what sealed my devotion to this thread. Since I'm primarily a mystery reader, I was only browsing the Romance thread when I checked out Caroline because it sounded familiar. Then I found the old cover and remembered reading and loving it when it was new. I had that thick apricot-colored paperback in my library for years.

Next I bought and re-read some Lavyrle Spencer old favorites and now I fit a romance into my reading regularly. I'm with Melmac...I love this thread, too.
BelleZora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 12:05 PM   #172
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
I generally choose the original cover, unless the new one is prettier.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 01:18 PM   #173
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by BelleZora View Post
Finding the original cover to Cynthia Wright's Caroline when it was a freebie is what sealed my devotion to this thread. Since I'm primarily a mystery reader, I was only browsing the Romance thread when I checked out Caroline because it sounded familiar. Then I found the old cover and remembered reading and loving it when it was new. I had that thick apricot-colored paperback in my library for years.
She rewrites her books so they aren't the original.

Quote:
Authors Note, June 2012 - This new, subtly revised version of CAROLINE addresses concerns voiced by some contemporary readers. CAROLINE was originally written & published in 1977. In this new edition, I believe that Alec is a more mature alpha hero and Caro is a stronger heroine. If you have read and loved CAROLINE in the past, I think you will love it even more now!
I was lucky to purchase it before she did this though. So I have the original non P.C. version. I just wish I had gotten the rest of the series at the time.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 01:30 PM   #174
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Free:

Let's Make It Legal by Patricia Kay
Published in 1994 as a Silhouette Special Edition under the pen name Trisha Alexander by Harlequin.
Old 10-18-2012, 03:20 PM   #175
auntykatkat
Evangelist
auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook/Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by melmac View Post
No, I do as well. It is because I remember the book that way and not by the new cover. Sometimes I use the stepback covers as well. Here is an example:

This is what I think whenever I am thinking about this book so that is the image I use. Recently my nook changed the covers of some of my books and I used calibre to change them back because of this.

Auntykatkat
auntykatkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 03:22 PM   #176
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntykatkat View Post
No, I do as well. It is because I remember the book that way and not by the new cover. Sometimes I use the stepback covers as well. Here is an example:

This is what I think whenever I am thinking about this book so that is the image I use. Recently my nook changed the covers of some of my books and I used calibre to change them back because of this.

Auntykatkat
What book is that? What's with the panther?
Old 10-18-2012, 03:27 PM   #177
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
I'm saving that cover to use for books that don't have nice ones!

Looks like Fabio.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 03:35 PM   #178
auntykatkat
Evangelist
auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The book was Johanna Lindsey's Angel. The panther was the lady's pet. It was the third book in the Wyoming Series.

Auntykatkat
Old 10-18-2012, 03:36 PM   #179
auntykatkat
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
I'm saving that cover to use for books that don't have nice ones!

Looks like Fabio.
Yes it is Fabio. He is on quite a lot of her old covers.

Auntykatkat
Old 10-18-2012, 03:52 PM   #180
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Yes, the same cover in Spain, but it's cut so you don't see her "pet" (I still have the paperback )
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote