Hi,

Does anyone have information on the pressure settings on Wacom touch
screen ? I'm sure there will be, but maybe needs to be exported for
user configuration.
ebookmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 08:42 AM   #2
FDD
Connoisseur
FDD can extract oil from cheeseFDD can extract oil from cheeseFDD can extract oil from cheeseFDD can extract oil from cheeseFDD can extract oil from cheeseFDD can extract oil from cheeseFDD can extract oil from cheeseFDD can extract oil from cheeseFDD can extract oil from cheese

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebookmania View Post
Hi,
Does anyone have information on the pressure settings on Wacom touch
screen ? I'm sure there will be, but maybe needs to be exported for
user configuration.
Hello Ebookmania, it is possible to get pressure data, but no application actually uses it. Also the stylus that comes with the M92 isn't really designed for drawing.

It is indeed possible to use the M92 as a digitizer and I will probably write a program to do that in a couple of months.
FDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-25-2012, 12:42 AM   #3
ebookmania
Enthusiast
ebookmania began at the beginning.

Device: non
Thank you for the reply.
I wasn't asking from a app developer's perspective but
from a user's angle. So that I could set it to most
sensitive. Something akin to thinkpad touch sensitivity.
ebookmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 11:08 AM   #4
FDD
Connoisseur
FDD can extract oil from cheeseFDD can extract oil from cheeseFDD can extract oil from cheeseFDD can extract oil from cheeseFDD can extract oil from cheeseFDD can extract oil from cheeseFDD can extract oil from cheeseFDD can extract oil from cheeseFDD can extract oil from cheese

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebookmania View Post
Thank you for the reply.
I wasn't asking from a app developer's perspective but
from a user's angle. So that I could set it to most
sensitive. Something akin to thinkpad touch sensitivity.
I see... as far as I know there is no such a setting. It "clicks" as soon as the stylus physically touches the screen, i.e. it is as sensitive as it gets. It would be possible to have it less sensitive than this, but that would require access to programs Onyx decided not to release as source code, so until an alternative firmware is developed or Onyx changes its mind there is little you can do.
However if what is troubling you are "missed" clicks, it is actually a bug related to power management and not a sensitivity problem; I think the developers from Onyx are well aware of that bug, so maybe it will eventually be fixed.
FDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 11:16 AM   #5
tuxor
Addict
tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Icarus Illumina E653
Quote:
Originally Posted by FDD View Post
but that would require access to programs Onyx decided not to release as source code
Which software are you refering to? Isn't everything concerning the stylus controlled UI included in the onyx_* libraries which are available from the Boox SDK?
tuxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-03-2012, 04:12 PM   #6
por
Groupie
por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: ONYX M96
Quote:
Originally Posted by FDD View Post
I see... as far as I know there is no such a setting. It "clicks" as soon as the stylus physically touches the screen, i.e. it is as sensitive as it gets. It would be possible to have it less sensitive than this, but that would require access to programs Onyx decided not to release as source code, so until an alternative firmware is developed or Onyx changes its mind there is little you can do.
However if what is troubling you are "missed" clicks, it is actually a bug related to power management and not a sensitivity problem; I think the developers from Onyx are well aware of that bug, so maybe it will eventually be fixed.
I wonder if that bug is on their priority list... It is especially annoying while taking notes. It would make the difference between a very good and a superb device for me.
por is offline   Reply With Quote