Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 11-06-2007, 04:42 AM   #1
alexxxm
Addict
alexxxm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.alexxxm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.alexxxm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.alexxxm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Rocket; Hiebook; N700; Sony 505; Kindle DX ...
Screen size???

Reading the comparison matrix at https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/E-book_Reader_Matrix , I can see that both the 505 and the Gen3 have (90mm by 120mm) 6-inch screens...

so why in the side-by-side photo at http://dearauthor.com/wordpress/2007...icated-reader/
the Gen3 screen appears smaller???

thanks for any info from an undecided 505-Gen3 buyer

Alessandro
alexxxm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 05:03 AM   #2
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
The Cybook is shrunk in the image compared to the Sony. The Cybook is 13 mm higher then PRS 505 but in the image they seem to have the same height.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-06-2007, 12:50 PM   #3
jbenny
Addict
jbenny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jbenny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jbenny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jbenny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Tablet PC and Nokia N800
To get an idea of what either of these readers would be like in your hand, I took one of the large images posted on the forum and resized it to the exact dimensions of the reader. Print the image to scale, cut it out and hold it in your hand. Instant 2-D mockup.
jbenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 12:52 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The Gen3 has more around the screen. That makes the gen3 slightly taller. Both the Gen3 and the 505 have the same 6" Vizplex screen. And if you are in the USA, the Gen3 is going to cost you about $373 where the 505 at most will cost less.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 01:07 PM   #5
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The Gen3 has more around the screen. That makes the gen3 slightly taller. Both the Gen3 and the 505 have the same 6" Vizplex screen. And if you are in the USA, the Gen3 is going to cost you about $373 where the 505 at most will cost less.
Is that the NAEB price? Have they announced it yet?
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-06-2007, 01:12 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
That is the price to get a Gen3 from Bookeen's website. They ship it from France. NAEB does not yet have the Gen3 for sale. So we have no information on what NAEB's price will be. Even NAEB has no idea at present.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 04:44 PM   #7
da_jane
Evangelist
da_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enough

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 | Kindle Paperwhite | iPad Mini
The reason that the size of the screen looks smaller in my picture is because I just resized the pictures to make them match so I wouldn't have any weird white space. It's not meant to be an accurate depiction of the size of the devices in comparison. Sorry for misleading anyone.
da_jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 02:22 AM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
The Gen3 is EXACTLY the same size as a standard "Penguin" paperback book. I don't know if that's just a coincidence, or a deliberate design choice. I noticed this last night when I put my Gen3 down on top of such a book .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote