Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-24-2012, 12:02 AM   #1291
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
That's a hard reset. It's best to do the shutdown if you can. Keep things from corrupting. Hard reset is for frozen device or you can't see the screen...etc
Hmmm.... Well I tried the regular shut down with hitting the button, then it asked shut down? I touch yes. Then it shuts down, I startup, still no silly offers.

I emailed Amazon, they said chat or call. I don't like doing either of those options. I just guess I didn't have to pay $15 to lose the ads, but darn it I didn't mind if I got a good offer.
new is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 12:17 AM   #1292
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
To restart the Fire you hold down the power button then choose to shut down. Wait for 30 seconds then hit the power button again. At least it's that way with the KFv1
For whatever reason, that doesn't seem to trigger download of the missing offers (at least, not so far). It could just be that the Fire apps are flaky (I know it often takes it forever to update with all the apps, games, books and music that is new, even though the wireless is on all the time with mine).

The Books app is close to useless - I'm hoping Freetime will fix it - since it takes over 5 minutes to show me any books (cloud or device) and it keeps hanging and shutting off while working on it.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-25-2012, 11:36 PM   #1293
nugnug
nugnug began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
We can't. The code is specific to one account, can't be transferred and none of the promos will ship overseas (using the promo codes).
I see. Oh well, guess I'll just have to pay the full price then. Was so thrill when the offer popped out on my PW. Sure hope Amazon will support the Kindle for other countries soon though. Thanks anyway!
nugnug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 01:15 AM   #1294
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I saw that special offers are being brought to the UK and a couple of EU countries soon. Hopefully they will spread further, over time.
Old 10-29-2012, 12:30 PM   #1295
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
New Offer for eink Kindles -- claim by 04 Nov 20112
Looks like the pattern is one special offer every Monday.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-29-2012, 04:20 PM   #1296
new
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Not completely everything, but it can be a pain (apps stay installed, for example).

There doesn't appear to be a "restart" for the Fire that works in the same way as the eInk kindles (which I often resort to, in order to force offers to get downloaded).
Well I finally chatted with Amazon and they told me to deregister! I said if I get desperate I will as I don't want to lose anything.

They said you won't, but I don't feel brave enough and not sure it is worth it.

Did you get yours to work?
Old 10-29-2012, 06:43 PM   #1297
koland
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by new View Post
Well I finally chatted with Amazon and they told me to deregister! I said if I get desperate I will as I don't want to lose anything.

They said you won't, but I don't feel brave enough and not sure it is worth it.

Did you get yours to work?
I did.

I've deregistered and re-registered (to another account) and not everthing disappears. Apps stay installed, for example (which is nice, I have a number of third party apps on mine), and so does music and docs. I suspect side-loaded videos will stay (I didn't have any), but books, audiobooks and the newsstand seem to get cleared.
Old 10-31-2012, 06:43 PM   #1298
new

Quote:
I did.

I've deregistered and re-registered (to another account) and not everthing disappears. Apps stay installed, for example (which is nice, I have a number of third party apps on mine), and so does music and docs. I suspect side-loaded videos will stay (I didn't have any), but books, audiobooks and the newsstand seem to get cleared.
Well I deregistered and registered on the KFHD and it did nothing to fix the special offers!

It did delete my email passwords and accounts, audiobooks were deleted. Who knows what else. So I give up.

What gives with the special offers ??
Old 11-01-2012, 04:58 AM   #1299
koland
Grand Sorcerer

Right now, I'm not seeing any on the Kindle Fire. I did expect a new one this week, but haven't seen it.

Right now, the only one is on the eInk Kindles.
Old 11-01-2012, 01:32 PM   #1300
new

Quote:
Right now, I'm not seeing any on the Kindle Fire. I did expect a new one this week, but haven't seen it.

Right now, the only one is on the eInk Kindles.
Thanks Koland. Can you post if there is a new special offer on the KFHD? Thanks.
Old 11-01-2012, 07:58 PM   #1301
koland
Grand Sorcerer

Will do. Nothing but ads today.
Old 11-02-2012, 08:45 PM   #1302
new

Quote:
Will do. Nothing but ads today.
Weird the ad for $10 off discover showed up on my "special offers" now. I emailed a couple of books to my account and they came up on my KFHD without me syncing, and I guess that might be what triggered the special offers. Such as they are, lol.

My book I sideloaded was acting flakey before, and now it isn't. It kept closing when I hit the bottom part of the screen to get to the TSS.

The only flakey thing it is doing now is every 4 pages or so it reads (TSS) something that is not showing on the page. Hmmm......
Old 11-05-2012, 10:43 AM   #1303
koland
Grand Sorcerer

On Kindle fire, three of the Angry Birds (HD Kindle editions) are on sale half price; everyone can participate in the sale though, just search at Amazon

New eInk offer: $3 off Amazon Instant Video
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/?&docId=366079402
Old 11-05-2012, 11:16 AM   #1304
Nicky_oz
Enthusiast
Nicky_oz doesn't litterNicky_oz doesn't litter

Device: Kindle PW, Nook, Kindle Keyboard, iPad.
great thread,
I have a PW with SO outside the US, how do you keep the ads ' fresh' without being busted by Amazon? so far i have twilight.. sigh.. i was hoping for magazines i can use..or gift cards.. but i am scared to turn wifi on too much in case they disable my account.
Nicky_oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:44 PM   #1305
new

KFHD $4 off $7.99 album SO

Now that I am back in business getting SO, there is new one that is for KFHD $4 off of a $7.99 album.