Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-01-2008, 07:43 AM   #16
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tebaldo View Post
The new Sony Reader firmware user documentation is bilingual English and French. Interesting...
Sorry, but that's not a new version of the User Guide. It doesn't mention anything about the new firmware.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 08:54 AM   #17
fonsi
fonsi began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad book edition
I want to know the sony reader in waterstones uk, but I am in Spain. Somebody know it the readers warranty is an european warranty valid in Spain?
fonsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 09:16 AM   #18
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
Well well, finally somebody is discovering the European market..what a surprise...

Two years ago I would have jumped and gotten one right away, now, I'm commited to mobipocket format and will thus have to pass the sony Reader by...I hope Amazon makes the move over here soon, some kindling might come in handy...
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 10:37 AM   #19
Gudy
Wizard
Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux (623)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fonsi View Post
Somebody know it the readers warranty is an european warranty valid in Spain?
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but it pretty much has to be, as anything else would be illegal under EU warranty and market regulations.
Gudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 01:03 PM   #20
acidzebra
Liseuse Lover
acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Sony Reader conquers Europe - Germany is next
In tired Soviet Russia joke, Germany tries to conquer you! (and fails)
acidzebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 01:21 PM   #21
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by tebaldo View Post
The new Sony Reader firmware user documentation is bilingual English and French. Interesting...
that is due to Canada.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 05:17 PM   #22
BlackVoid
Evangelist
BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
I wonder what the price will be. Will they keep their "standard practice" and sell for 300 EUR? In that case it may make much more sense to order from the USA anyway.
BlackVoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 02:59 AM   #23
Argel
Opinionated [but right]
Argel is no ebook tyro.Argel is no ebook tyro.Argel is no ebook tyro.Argel is no ebook tyro.Argel is no ebook tyro.Argel is no ebook tyro.Argel is no ebook tyro.Argel is no ebook tyro.Argel is no ebook tyro.Argel is no ebook tyro.

Device: Cybook Gen3, PRS 505, Kindle International, HTC Desire
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackVoid View Post
I wonder what the price will be. Will they keep their "standard practice" and sell for 300 EUR? In that case it may make much more sense to order from the USA anyway.
Well if the UK is any guide, they are selling around 250 EUR (£200).

Played with one in Waterstone's yesterday. I had not realized how vastly superior its design is compared with my Cybook, which feels cheap and flimsy by comparison. The Sony appeared beautifully engineered and with more controls, without being cluttered. If only it had dictionary lookup.
Argel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 02:37 PM   #24
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Dictionary support is probably the number one missing feature on the Sony IMHO.

Dale
Old 09-06-2008, 10:35 AM   #25
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidzebra View Post
In tired Soviet Russia joke, Germany tries to conquer you! (and fails)
I was wondering about the original statement "Sony Reader conquers Europe - Germany is next" since the way I read it, Sony would conquer Germany next and I always thought Germany was in Europe. But if they meant that Germany would conquer Europe next, it makes sense.

Evidently my mind is too literal.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 05:30 PM   #26
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer

The think the author meant that Europe was be conquered one country at a time.