Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 08-29-2012, 05:52 AM   #1
LucyLu
Bookaholic
LucyLu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyLu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyLu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyLu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyLu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyLu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyLu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyLu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyLu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyLu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyLu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus, PocketBook Touch
PocketBook Touch 622 and updated tags

Hi to everyone, I need some advice about tags management on PB Touch 622.

I modified some uncorrected tags in my calibre library and then I re-uploaded the modified ebooks to my PB overwriting the existing files.

Unfortunately the tags on PB are unchanged and now sorting the books for genre I'm not able to see anymore several books. In order to update the tags I've tried to change the settings of the PB library (Library Data Update set to "Automatically" and Optmize Database set to "Once" to remove the old database) without results. Any idea?
LucyLu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 06:49 AM   #2
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
Try removing the old books via Calibre (remove matching books from device) first and then write the new ones back.
As it is already messed up it might be you need to wipe the card first and start with a clean slate (settings -> maintenance -> format internal mamory/SD card)
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:13 AM   #3
LucyLu
Bookaholic
LucyLu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyLu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyLu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyLu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyLu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyLu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyLu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyLu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyLu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyLu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyLu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you for the advice but the situation is the same. Is it possible that PB allows only a fixed number of tags? I have several hundreds tags in calibre but only 13 in the PB.
Old 08-29-2012, 08:29 AM   #4
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
It allows only a certain number of tags per book, but is not limited in general. I use tags for sorting too and have about 150 on my PB.

I guess the file system got confused by overwriting files which doesn't happen normally and now still sticks to the old system.

Sorry, but I don't know any help than deleting all available books via Calibre and then reformat the dic / internal memory and start from scratch. Had to do this myself once too because I messed it up.
Calibre is sometimes a bit touchy if you don't use it to add or delete books
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 10:44 AM   #5
LucyLu
Bookaholic

Thank you for trying troll. Genre sorting would have been useful....I tried calibre catalog feature but the generated epub is too big and PB faints trying to open it