Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-28-2010, 10:21 AM   #91
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
what would happen, though, if the promise of an end didn't materialise ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 10:40 AM   #92
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
what would happen, though, if the promise of an end didn't materialise ....
Exactly.
Never give up hope...
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 10:45 AM   #93
GeoffC
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

but it would mean that all those who went around bashing their hated friends would suffer retribution from upon high and low ..... !!!!

Another point - if every government in the World and all the Religions insisted the World was expected to end on xxxxxday - would you believe them ?
Old 07-28-2010, 12:03 PM   #94
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
Another point - if every government in the World and all the Religions insisted the World was expected to end on xxxxxday - would you believe them ?
Didnt they do that with the Global Warming scare?
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 12:55 PM   #95
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
happy_terd, I think you really believe in global warming. You're just playing everyone else for suckers in hopes that no one will take action against it; then when the time is right, you'll advertise your desert home as waterfront property!

Scheming rat! I'm onto your game!
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 12:58 PM   #96
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
If you hold your voice down I will get you a similar deal.
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 07:21 PM   #97
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Ipod4, IPad2
Quote:
Originally Posted by pagansoul View Post
I would wish people would not be told till the last minute. I would not have time to see my family because they live over 900 miles away so I wouldn't even try to get to them. I even doubt the phones would work after it is known, no utilities, no gas, water or electric. No one will go to work. I would quietly sit with my animals and neighbors and tell stories by the campfire. I would set my fish free by the spring behind the house. I would let Lavander, my chinchilla, run wild. I would take the collars off Willow and Hammy my dog and cat. Since I don't know if this is a World-End thing or just man-kind end thing but I would try to make life and/or death as easy for them as possible as they depend on me to take care of them. I'm not a kid and I never was one for a wild party even when I was young. Other than not going in to work my life would not change.
pagansoul, you warm my heart. You say with calm, simple words what I feel. You loose those you love by giving their last joy: your parting gift. Saying their names fish, Lucilla, Willow and Hammy you find the confort to stay on your path.

You deserve an happy ending pagansoul, generous soul. The next morning, when you wake up, you find them around you, asleep in your warmth. Incredulous, with moist eyes like mine that will tell the story to my beloved, you go to the spring behind the house and fish jumps for you to see.
beppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 08:41 AM   #98
GeoffC

mmm we too have a Willow, and a Buffy !!!! amongst others !!!!

Tags
apple, doomsday, ethics, morals, philosophical