Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Development

Notices

Old 02-06-2012, 07:39 PM   #1
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Is calibre path located in the registery

Hi Kovid,
Question.

I would like to update the BookCreator tool to dynamically locate the location of the calibre tool, in addition to providing the user the option to manually change the path.

In windows this info is usually stored in the registry. When I look in the registry I find this path

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\calibre\Installer\Inst allPath

Where the value for InstallPath is the correct calibre path.

My question though is this value reliable? Or is that path generated by the installer and might possibly change names in the future?

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 07:52 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
Hi Kovid,
Question.

I would like to update the BookCreator tool to dynamically locate the location of the calibre tool, in addition to providing the user the option to manually change the path.

In windows this info is usually stored in the registry. When I look in the registry I find this path

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\calibre\Installer\Inst allPath

Where the value for InstallPath is the correct calibre path.

My question though is this value reliable? Or is that path generated by the installer and might possibly change names in the future?

=X=
Yes
It is in the Path Environment variable.
My Computer:Properties: Advanced: Environment Variables
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-06-2012, 11:49 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
It is reliable. You can always verify it by checking for calibre.exe in the folder pointed to by it. But remember that many people use the portable calibre install as well, which has no registry keys.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 01:50 PM   #4
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
It is reliable. You can always verify it by checking for calibre.exe in the folder pointed to by it. But remember that many people use the portable calibre install as well, which has no registry keys.
Good point. I still will leave the option for the user to override the path.

Thx

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote