Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-16-2013, 11:13 AM   #1
ruskajakeli
ruskajakeli began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Kindle won't access books anymore

last time I transferred a couple of doc and pdf files to my Kindle via USB. I also disconnected it from the computer using the remove USB safely option (I don't think i've done it this way before, usually i disconnect it without that). after all this, there are no books on my Kindle at all,they don't show on the device. they show on the computer whenever i connect Kindle to it. I tried rebooting, resetting, everything. what seems to be a problem?
ruskajakeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 03:35 PM   #2
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
I assume your Kindle is registered. Have you connected the device to Amazon via wireless lately? If not, try that. After wireless is set up on the device, from the Home screen, press Menu, then select "Sync & Check for Items."

The only other thing I can think of is that the device time may be incorrect. There may be a way to set that manually if it doesn't correct itself after syncing with Amazon. You can check Menu, then Settings and see if there's a way to manually set the time. There may be several pages of settings to scroll through.

I hope that helps!
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 05:58 PM   #3
Bricorn
Addict
Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DXG
Just to check, you did put them in the documents folder on the Kindle?

It's basic I know, but sometimes the simple gets overlooked.

Last edited by Bricorn; 04-16-2013 at 06:02 PM.
Bricorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 01:40 AM   #4
alanHd
Addict
alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Ipod Touch, Ipad Air
Have you got the view set to "Books", anything with a Doc tag does not show in this view.
alanHd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
access, books, kindle, transfer, usb