Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 01-01-2009, 12:57 PM   #1
gailfus
gailfus began at the beginning.

Device: Palm m130
Question eReader doesn't recognize books

I am a new eReader user (Palm OS) and I can't seem to get the eReader software to recognize the books I have downloaded. I got freebies from Project Gutenberg in .pdb format. Everything I've read to this point indicates that as long as the file format is correct the eReader should be seeing it. I'm at my wits' end trying to figure this out. I just want to read books on my Palm while I wait for my kids at their various rehearsals, etc. Is that too much to ask?
gailfus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 01:10 PM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
The .pdb filename extension is used for several ebook formats, of which eReader supports only two (PalmDOC and eReader), see Wiki: PDB. If you are interested, use a text editor to find out what kind you actually have from the Wiki table. In any case, the simplest work around is to get your Project Gutenberg ebooks from manybooks.net since they have them all in eReader format.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-01-2009, 03:03 PM   #3
simond
Fanatic
simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPad, iPhone
My guess is that you accidentally downloaded Mobipocket books by accident, or they're on your mem card in the wrong place.
simond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 08:05 PM   #4
wayrad
Fanatic
wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HTC One M8
Quote:
Originally Posted by gailfus View Post
I am a new eReader user (Palm OS) and I can't seem to get the eReader software to recognize the books I have downloaded.
As already pointed out, you need Palm DOC or Ereader format files. They also need to be in main memory or in PALM/Launcher or PALM/Books on a card. I have also noticed a 500-file limit beyond which Ereader doesn't recognize files (at least in the old version I use), but it doesn't sound like you need to worry about that for a while.
wayrad is offline   Reply With Quote